I was browsing through Pinterest and came across this blog which is all about Korean food. I find this recipe pretty unique and simple to put together for a quick bite. If you love Korean food, you will love this blog; she has put up her recipes in easy step by step photos to follow.
Quick Korean*Korean Egg Bread (Gaeran Bbang)
Adapted from KFoodAddict
Ingredients (3 muffin size bread)
For making bread:
- 50g Self-Rising flour or All Purpose Flour 50g with 1/8 Tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 Egg
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Tsp Sugar
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Butter (or Olive oil)
- A couple drops Vanilla essence – Optional (Omitted)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Bacon slice (I used smoked salami)
- Ground parsley (substituted with whole basil leaves)
- Salt (I used Fleur de sel)
1. Mix the flour with 2 Tsp of sugar, 1/8 Tsp of salt in a bowl. Add in the 1/2 egg.
2. Add the milk a little at a time into a bowl while stirring until you get a nice thick flour base.
3. Coat a muffin pan with oil . (oil spray recommended) I used shortening.
4. Pour the flour base into to fill 1/3 of the baking pan.
5. Crack an egg into each hole.
6. Put chopped bacon (salami) and a little bit of ground parsley (basil leaf) on the top. A pinch of salt for flavor.(fleur de sel)
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180-200 degree C. I baked mine at 170 deg C for 15 minutes.
- It’s good to fill the baking pan 1/3 full with flour base. If you add more than that, the egg will run over.
- Before filling the baking pan, spray(coat) the pan with some oil. It helps to take bread out easily from the hole after baking.
- If you don’t have baking pan, you can use a paper cup instead.
I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up, where the ingredient for this month is Eggs, hosted by Baby Sumo from Eat Your Heart Out, and organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids, together with Doreen from My Little Favourite D.I.Y.