Friday, September 25, 2009
Cream Cheese Custard Buns
Delicious buns with cream cheese custard fillings taken from HoneyBeeSweet's blog. I used the basic dough for these buns. The recipe for the filling is as below:-
CreamCheese Fillings for buns:-
250g cream cheese, room temperature
90g caster sugar
35g cake flour
150ml fresh milk
1 1/2tsp fresh lemon juice
20g unsalted butter
• In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar together till creamy.
• Add egg and mix well. Stir cake flour till well combined.
• Add the milk, mixed well then using double boiler method, cook the mixture at medium heat till it thickens and bubble. Keep stirring constantly to get a smooth creamy texture.
• Remove from heat and sitr in lemon juice and butter.
• Let the custard cool then refrigerate it till needed.