Golden Cheese Chiffon - Cooked dough method
(18cm tube pan)
Serves: 10/46g - 132 calories (based on a 2000 calorie diet)
50g cake flour
20g golden cheese powder
12g corn flour
60g vegetable oil
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar or cream of tartar - I used cream of tartar
|Egg white meringue|
|Ready to pour into pan|
1. Prepare a chiffon cake pan, don’t need to grease or line paper.
2. Separate egg white and egg yolk into two mixing bowls.
3. Pour oil and milk in a sauce pan, heat up till you see small bubbles at the side, remove from heat.
4. Immediately add in the sifted flour + golden cheese powder + corn flour, quickly stir to mix well and form a soft dough.
5. Scape the soft dough into a empty mixing bowl, slowly add in egg yolks and whisk till become smooth batter, set aside.
6. Beat egg whites till frothy, add in lemon juice. Gradually add in sugar and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight up with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture)
7. Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
8. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
9. Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
10. Bake at pre-heated oven at 150C at center rack for 40-45 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins) - I baked mine on lowest rack top and bottom heat at 140C for 45 minutes.
11. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process. (I didn't do this)
12. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
|Delicious and that dog is drooling for some:P|