I finally made this cheesecake after drooling over Anne of my bare cupboard's very delectable photos on her cheesecakes….so yummy! I made the lemon curd last weekend so it's easier. I baked mine in two muffin liners and a heart shape pan as I do not have mini moulds.
Recipe adapted from Anne's blog here and she adapted this from The America's Test Kitchen : Family Baking Handbook
You'll need sixteen 2 x 1 1/4-inch loose bottom tins or these muffin liners
Below is the full recipe and in blue is Anne's modified half version which I am following too. The instruction is also modified.
5 oz crackers or tea biscuits 135 grams light digestive biscuits
6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled 45 grams unsalted butter , softened
3 tablespoons sugar omitted this
* Process digestive biscuits into food processor until fine then add butter and pulse to combine . Put about 1 tablespoon of crumbs into the prepared tins and press firmly and evenly . Freeze for about 20 minutes .
1 1/4 cups sugar 100 grams
1 tbsp grated fresh lemon zest 1/2 tablespoon
1 1/2 pounds cream cheese , cut into chunks and softened 300 grams cream cheese plus 135 grams sour cream , at room temperature
1/4 salt pinch of coarse salt
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice ( from 2 lemons ) 3 tablespoons
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
4 large eggs 2 eggs at room temp
1/2 cup heavy cream 4 tablespoon
* Preheat oven to 325°C / 160° .
* Process the sugar and the lemon zest together in a food processor until sugar is yellow and the zest is very fine .
* Using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese in a large bowl , mixing on medium speed until smooth , about 2 minutes then add in the sour cream and beat a minute more . Scrape the sides of the bowl as needed .
* Add in half of the lemon sugar and salt and beat until well combined . Beat in the remaining lemon sugar, 1 to 3 minutes . Beat in lemon juice and vanilla until well incorporated . Add in the eggs , one at a time , beat until well combined . Beat in the heavy cream until well incorporated , about 1 to 3 minutes .
* Divide batter into tins and bake in a water bath for 30 minutes . Take out from the oven , let cool for 45 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely . Put tins in a baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap , refrigerate overnight .
Lemon curd ( Please check original recipe @ King Arthur )
Makes about 225 ml
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
125 grams sugar
70 grams butter
Makes about 1/2 cup
generous 1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
50 grams sugar
2 tablespoon butter
* Combine the ingredients above in a small saucepan , over slow heat and using a whisk , stir mixture together until thickens , about 10- 12 minutes . Strain mixture and let cool completely , transfer into glass container and chill in the fridge overnight before using . Pipe or spread on top of the minis.
|Not perfect but it's delicious!|