Saw this lovely chiffon cake in Joceline's blog which is written in Mandarin and so I did a Google translate on the recipe and edit it. Very moist and soft, a delightful cake to enjoy as a snack. The batter is very liquid and I had some difficulty unmoulding, hence the shaggy look of the cake:P
Another blogger also baked this delicious cake using 6 eggs and you can refer to her recipe.
5 egg yolk (100 g),
60 g vegetable oil,
100 g full cream milk,
130g cooking Chocolate - I used dark chocolate
55 grams plain flour,
25g sugar-free chocolate powder
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Eggwhites of 5 eggs (210g)
80 g sugar,
1/4 tsp salt,
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1. First melt chocolate in a double boiler, stir until smooth and set aside to cool. You can also use the microwave for this part.
2. Stir the egg yolks and oil together, then stir in the milk and slightly warm melted chocolate.
3. Sift in the flour and mix to a smooth batter.
4. In the mixer, beat eggwhites with sugar and cream of tartar till stiff peaks.
5. Mix in the meringue in 3 portions until smooth. Do not over mix.
6. Poured into a 20cm tube pan and gently knock on the counter top to release trapped bubbles.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170C for about 45 minutes.(Mine took 50 minutes to cook)
8. Remove immediately and invert the cake to cool.
|Yummy with chocolate sauce!|
I'm submitting this post to Little Thumbs up (May 2014: Milk) organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Tze of Awayofmind Bakery House