These cookies were made by my sister and she agreed to let me post it here. Bake Along # 57 theme for January is Chinese New Year cookies and these cookies fit in perfectly as they had been around for as long as I could remember! The recipe was taken from this blog, My Lemony Kitchen which I had in fact bookmarked for a long time but never got round to baking it.
The recipe is as below if you want to give it a try…
Samperit (Custard Cookies)
Adapted from My Lemony Kitchen
Recipe (makes approximately 70 pieces)
80g icing sugar
80g custard powder
120g plain flour
1 egg yolk
glaze cherries - chopped (omitted, probably had none!)
|Baked but still retain their shape:D|
1. Fry the cornflour, plain flour and custard powder into the dry wok over low fire until the mixture is light and leaves the side of the wok. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat the margarine and sugar until creamy.
3. Add in the egg yolk. Beat the mixture until well combined.
4. Add in flour and mix to obtain a soft dough.
5. Pre-heat oven to 120C.
6. Using the Samperit Nozzle, pressed out the dough.
Topped with cut up cherries if using and bake for 15-20 minutes
I am linking this post to the Bake Along event created by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, lena of Frozen Wings and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids