Adapted from Vivian Pang Kitchen who adapt with minor modification from Cass@揾到食
Almond Cookies (杏仁饼)
180g all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
120g ground almond
120ml corn oil
1 yolk (for glazing)
Some almond flakes for deco
1. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl.
2. Add in sugar, salt and ground almond. Mix to combine.
3. Add in corn oil and mix till form into dough.
4. Roll out the dough between cling wrap into 1cm thickness. Cut with cookie cutter and transfer into lined pan.
*with the help of cling wrap make it easy to transfer. (I just rolled it into tiny balls)
5. Brush the cookies with yolk and decorate with a piece of almond flake if you like. Bake in preheated oven at 170C for about 15 to 20 minutes.
I am linking this post to Bake Along event, Chinese New cookies for the month Jan 2014 organised by Frozen Wings, Bake for Happy Kids and Kitchen Flavours.