Without further ado, here we go....
Pandan Flavored Cotton Cheesecake7" round pan
(A) 100ml Milk(fresh or UHT)
100ml pandan juice (obtained from blending several pandan leaves
with 100ml water)
(B) 90g Cream Cheese
(C) 40g Flour
(D) 2 Yolks
(E) 3 Whites
pinch of Cream of tartar
60g Sugar (can increase to 70g)
1. Preheat oven 150deg C with a tray of water on the lowest rack.
2. Line the bottom and sides of 7" baking pan with paper. Make sure the paper is about an inch or two higher than the pan to enable easy coverage with foil in case the cake brown too fast.
3. Cook ingredients in (A) until just boiling. Add (B) and using a hand whisk, whisk until creamy and lump free.
4. Add ingredients in (C) and mix until well combined. By this time batter should be just warm.
7. Add (D) and mix again. Set aside.
8. Now whip egg whites in (E) until foamy and add cream of tartar followed by sugar. Whip to firm peaks but not too stiff it would be difficult to fold into the batter.
9. Gently fold 1/3 whites into yolk mixture to lighten up the batter.
10. Fold in the rest of whites gently. Make sure it is well incorporated.
11. Pour batter into baking pan. Place on the rack on top on water tray rack.
13. Baking time about 1 hr 30 mins. If cake brown too quickly, lower temperature and cover the top with foil.
14. Leave cake in oven with oven switch off and leave door slightly open to cool. This is supposed to reduce shrinkage, although mine still shrank lol!
15. Remove cake when cooled. Serve chilled or at room temperature.