Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakeadapted from Italian Kiwi
- 300g (1 1/3 cups) sugar (I reduce it to 200g)
- 200g (7oz, 1 2/3 sticks) Butter at room temperature
- 100ml (1/2 cup) - red wine (recommended below 13% but I didn't check mine):P
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 60g (1/2 cup) unsweeteened cocoa powder (I used Van Houten)
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) flour (I used AP flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C (350F).
- Cream butter and sugar until white and fluffy.
- After creaming the butter and sugar together well, add wine slowly while beating.
- Before going any further, take about 1/2 a cup of the mixture out and set it to the side. You will be using this for the glaze once the cake is cooked. (I skipped this part as my butter/wine batter curdled and it looks messy)
- Add the eggs one by one, beating after each addition.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder and mix together. (I sifted these together first before adding to the batter)
- Put in a well-greased 10-cup cake ring tin(bundt pan)(I turned mine into cupcakes and managed to get 15)
- Bake for about 25 minutes until a tester comes out clean. (That's exactly the time I needed to bake my cupcakes!)
|Flat top makes it easy for frosting if you want:)|
And since this is a celebration post, I am going to try frosting some of the cupcakes even though I prefer to eat mine plain. The frosted ones shall be given away:) The recipe for the frosting is as follows:-
200g Pink chocolate
50ml whipping cream
Melt the chocolates in a double boiler on low heat. Next heat up the whipping cream to almost boiling and pour it over the melted chocolate. Stir together until smooth, cool slightly before frosting your completely cooled cupcakes.
|Enjoy! The red wine smell really good in this cake!|
Happy 2nd Anniversary!