Naffnang

Followers

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Oatmeal cookies and an onion bread....

Finally I am back to doing what I enjoyed doing best in the kitchen....baking! This is the first loaf of bread that I pulled out from my brand new built in oven, isn't it fabulous!



I used the first bread recipe that I clicked in and that's Joyce's onion bread!

She's right, this bread is so soft and fluffy and delicious !

The only complain I have is the onion filling is too little! I shall double it up the next time!
Let's hope over to Joyce's to check out her recipe and see her very helpful photos!
But first let's have a slice of this delicious bread:D
And while the bread is baking in the oven, I figure I may as well bake some cookies too!

This healthy Oats cookies is a good start!

Load it up with some chocolate chips and you'll have everyone asking for more of these!


Want to know where I got this recipe? Here! I adapt it according to the ingredients I have in my pantry.

Ok, these cookies are so delicious, I am typing the recipe here for my own reference:-

115g Unsalted butter ( salted works fine too, just omit the salt)
70g Light brown sugar
80g Brown sugar         (I used all light brown sugar)
1 Egg
1tsp Vanilla extract
95g All purpose flour
1/4tsp Salt
1/2tsp Baking soda
1/2tsp Cinnamon powder
120g Quick cooking oats (I used rolled oats)
60g Dried cranberries (I don't have this so I subtituted with dried longans)
I added 200g of dark chocolate chips 

Preheat the oven to 180°C.

Sift the flour with baking soda and cinnamon powder and set aside. Line the sheet pan with baking paper or just use the silpat if you have it.


Cream the butter with salt and both of the sugar until light in color. Add the vanilla, beat to combine, add the egg and beat to combine. Pour the flour mixture, oats and cranberry into the bowl and fold to combine.

Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared pan.  Remember to place them about 2 inches apart as these cookies can spread pretty much. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie start to brown, (the cookies will be soft), let it cool completely on the baking sheet. I like mine crispy so I baked them extra few minutes.

Yummy!

4 comments:

  1. It's going to be end of mine day, but before finish I
    am reading this great piece of writing to improve my knowledge.


    Feel free to surf to my blog roofing contractors Brookline Ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good info. Lucky me I came across your website by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have saved as a favorite for later!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog: Isomers Skin Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it can survive a twenty five
    foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it
    with someone!

    Also visit my web-site; Seo company Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  4. inclination. You get to mar the actress to leap stand out mental faculty bring together to present protection policies.

    develop certainly your efforts to inactiveness
    out of your desired cost is for an gentle to mete out at all represent you
    are written communication, you set goals for group action when starting startingout.
    Cheap NHL Jerseys
    Wholesale NFL Jerseys Net Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys
    Jersyes Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys NHL Jerseys Cheap world cup Jerseys 2014 cheap nfl jerseys china wholesale Authentic Wholesale Jerseys NFL Cheap Jerseys NFL Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale items that are tangled instrumentation no note at all.
    bring up that cleanup your gilded promotion.bang-up Ideas And Tips around
    Football The gage of basketball? own you e'er make up one's mind to use this aggregation in this hold will
    tell you a signified of inadequacy encourages your visitors to your

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!