Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Giant size Oats/Raisins/chocolate Chips Cookies


I have a huge craving for something sweet and chewy.....so baked these giant chewy cookies recently and they did a good job satisfying my craving:D

Based on David Lebovitz's recipe here, these cookies were really huge, about 3-4 inches in diameter, yes, I measured. And I added chocolate chips to this basic recipe of his and am so glad I did.  The taste was awesome! I only had one piece for lunch with a cup of coffee and I was satisfied! You should try it!


Am posting the recipe here for record purposes, with my own addition of chocolate chips. I reduced the sugar a bit because I figured the chocolate chips will give it more sweetness. Please hop over to the link for the original recipe:-

1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup (150 g) granulated sugar (I only used 50g)
1 cup (200 g) packed light brown sugar (I used 150g)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 3/4 cup (245 g) flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 3/4 cup (175 g) old –fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
1 1/2 cups (240 g) raisins
200g of semi-sweet chocolate chips


1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile in a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon, making sure there are no lumps of baking soda. Stir in the oats and raisins and chocolate chips if you are using.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat until thoroughly combined. On low speed, or by hand, gradually add the flour and oat mixture to the creamed butter, mixing until completely incorporated.
4. Chill the batter a few hours or overnight, covered. (This step is optional, although recommended by the author.) I didn't do this step and went straight to scooping out the dough on the baking sheet to bake.  Dough was sticky but manageable with a little flour on fingers.
5. To bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
6. Drop the dough in 1/4 cup (50 g) balls evenly spaced on the baking sheet and flatten the tops slightly with your hand.
7. Midway during baking, rotate the baking sheet and tap the tops of the cookies down somewhat firmly with a spatula to flatten the domes.
8. Bake the cookies for 20 to 22 minutes, until they just start to turn brown across the top, but do not overbake. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Storage: Once cool, the cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days. The dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week, or frozen for up to two months.




See how packed with oats this cookie is? That's healthy huh! lol!
Yummy! I did dunk it in my coffee and it was so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!