Naffnang

Followers

Monday, July 16, 2012

Jamie's Oliver's Chicken in Milk


Chicken In Milk
I have seen a few bloggers cooking this dish as well as seeing it on Jamie Oliver's site and I must say, it does look very enticing and the more I see the more I want to try it too! So this weekend, I can no longer resist and decided to jump into the wagon and join in and cook this dish for myself! The sage does indeed makes this dish so fragrant and the curdled milk so tasty and flavorful!

Just out of the oven, look at the yummy curds on the top!
I could sing lyricals about this dish if I could but I am no singer! haha! So I'll just stuff my mouth with this delicious chicken dish....my boys who are equally impressed!

Here's the now famous recipe of Jamie Oliver's Chicken in Milk:-


Ingredients

• 1 x 1.5kg organic chicken (I used 4 chicken thighs)
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (I used table salt and szechuan pepper)
• 115g or ½ a pack of butter (I just use some corn oil)
• olive oil (omitted)
• 1/2 cinnamon stick
• 1 good handful of fresh sage, leaves picked
• zest of 2 lemons
• 10 cloves of garlic, skin left on (I peeled and smashed them for more garlicky taste)
• 565ml milk (I added 1/2 cup of heavy cream and reduce the milk accordingly. I refer to Wendy's version for this milk combination)
See how golden the skin is? It's so good, you would eat it, skin and all!


Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5, and find a snug-fitting pot for the chicken. Season it generously all over, and fry it in a pan with a couple tablespoon of vegetable oil, turning the chicken to get an even color all over, until golden.  Not necessary to cook all the way through.  As soon as you get a golden skin, you can transfer the chicken to the baking pot you are using.

Put your chicken in the pot with the rest of the ingredients, and cook in the preheated oven for 1½ hours. Baste with the cooking juice when you remember. The lemon zest will sort of split the milk, making a sauce which is absolutely fantastic.

As I used chicken thighs, I serve each with a piece of chicken thigh with a dollop of mashed potatoes. Spoon over plenty of juice and the little curds. Tuck in!

I must say it was pretty awesome, I am so impressed!

I am linking this post to Zoe's Cook Like A Star blog hop event featuring Jamie Oliver for July 2012. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!