Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Bake Along #29 - Theme Chicken Pie



Chicken pot pie - easy version!
We are now about to send off the month of July!  I am so afraid to blink in case I
miss a day! Geez, where has time flown! well it's end of July ~ and it's Bake Along #29 with Lena, Joyce and Zoe once again, this time they are putting chicken pie on the spot light! I googled for chicken pie recipes and most times came up with pot pies.  So pot pies it is, of course, I made mine as simple and easy as possible using canned cream of chicken to cook the filling and short crust pastry. Yes, short crust pastry since I can't find any store bought puff pastry sheet and of course making them is way too time consuming, I'll try that someday when time doesn't seem to fly by so fast:D Plus I have seen Jasline of Food is My Life using it and her pies look wonderful!
Easy to cook yet delicious!
 I added some sausages to the filling for more variety of meat and since I do not have premixed frozen vegetables, I chopped up some green capsicum, carrots and some corns to make up the colors.

The recipe is roughly as follows:-

Half cup each of carrots, onions, green capsicum and sweet corn kernels
1 piece of chicken breast, cubed
2 pieces of chicken sausages, diced
1 can of Cabonara Chicken cream soup
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 piece of phyllo sheet

Method:
Heat up a pan with oil and briefly stir fry onions until soft before adding the rest of the vegetables.
Add chicken and sausages and continue frying for a few minutes.  Add the cream soup and mix well till combined. Dish out and divide equally into 4 pie bowls (I used aluminum disposable bowls).
Cut short crust pastry into 4 pieces and cover the top of the pie bowl with a piece of the phyllo before glazing with egg and bake at 190 Deg C for 40 minutes or until the pies are golden.
Serve immediately.

This pie is so easy to make and really delicious!

Let's hop over to see the rest of the entries by other bloggers:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!