Naffnang

Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Kung Pao Chicken ~ Cashew Nuts Chilli Chicken




This is another very popular chicken dish that is often seen in food blogs.  It is very easy to prepare and yet so delicious! Also visually, it is a very colorful dish if green and red capsicums are added:D I didn't add them because I don't have any when I cook this dish.



For this delicious dish, I got the recipe from the Kuali online, there are many versions but I find this the easiest and I love easy recipes:D

Cashewnut Chilli Chicken (Kung Pao Chicken)
Adapted from Kuali.com by Amy Beh

Ingredients

250g chicken breast meat, cubed
10 dried chillies, seeded and halved
1 onion, quartered
1/2 green capsicum, cubed (I didn't add this as I do not have this)
100g cashewnuts, deep-fried
2 tbsp oil

Marinade for chicken:
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 an egg white

Sauce (combine):
1 tbsp Premium oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (omitted)
1 tsp cooking wine (I used Hua Tiao Chiew)
1/2 tsp sugar or to taste
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp salt or to taste
1/2 tsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp water

Thickening (combine):
1/2 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp water

Method

Marinate chicken for 20-30 minutes. Shallow fry chicken until fragrant and golden. Drain and set aside.
Heat oil in a wok, fry dried chillies for 30 seconds. Add in the rest of the ingredients and the pre-fried chicken. Stir-fry briskly, then add thickening mixture. Sprinkle with a dash of sesame oil and mix in cashewnuts before dishing up to serve.
I love the cashew nuts, they add a nice crunch to the dish! so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!