Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sweet Potato Rolls with Black Sesame Paste


These rolls were an impromptu bake, I had no idea what I was going to do when I make the dough, whether to make it into just cinnamon rolls or something else;  then I spotted my tin of black sesame powder in a corner and remembered Sonia making her pumpkin bread with black sesame paste so I decided right there and then that I would put in the black sesame paste for half the dough and another half, I use cinnamon and raisins for the classic fillings of cinnamon rolls!  I am glad I did, because both turned out very soft and delicious!



 The dough was very easy to handle with just a minimal amount of flour needed on the counter top for rolling out.  The recipe is the same one from my Sweet Potato Loaf.


 I baked the sesame rolls as single buns and they turned out pretty well as the paste was quite dry and the buns stayed in shape, very nice!

The black sesame paste paired very well with the sweet potato dough:)
And these are the cinnamon rolls,  just as good, and I am still deciding whether to put cream cheese as the topping to make these even more tempting!

To make the sesame paste, mix together 70g of black sesame powder, 25g of powder sugar and 30g of egg white.

Oh, I would like to say a big thank you to my new blogger friends,  Amelia of Amelia's De-ssert and Jessie of Jessie-Cooking Moments for passing this beautiful Happy Blogger Award to me, I love this very much, really made me so happy indeed:D Thanks so much Jessie.

1 comment:

  1. I used tо be ѕuggesteԁ this web sіtе via my cousin.
    I'm no longer certain whether or not this publish is written by way of him as no one else realize such special approximately my trouble. You're amazing!
    Thanks!

    Μy web-ѕite; chatroulette

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!