Naffnang

Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Kumquat Bundt Cake


I decided to bake this delicious bundt cake just so I could use my newly bought silicon bundt mould:P I have recently cooked a jar of kumquat compote using a recipe taken from Wendy's blog (yes, I love using recipes from her blog). I use a basic butter cake recipe and loosely substitute some ingredients for this cake.



 Looks promising! The mould is very soft and I half expected it to melt during the baking; I keep checking on it:P

Ok for the recipe: 
  • 250 g salted butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
  • 250 g caster sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 250 g self raising flour
  • 85 g kumquat compote (diluted slightly with 2 tablespoons of water)
  1. Preheat oven to 170C. Grease bundt cake mould lightly with butter (I wasn't sure if I need to do this or not but did it anyway:P)
  2. Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar together until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating very well between each one.  Add a spoonful of flour with the last egg if the batter started to curdle. Add the flour and mix in well.  Then slowly mix in the kumquat compote.
  3. Transfer mixture into the prepared mould and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer, inserted into the centre of the cake, comes out clean.
  4. Leave the cake, to cool before turning out on a wire rack. I used a simple buttercream to frost it a bit.
 Kumquat compote
(adapted from Wendy's blog)
200g kumquats
100g Sugar
200ml Water

Half kumquats and remove seeds. Put cleaned kumquats, sugar and water into a saucepan and cook (on med heat)until the kumquat looks glossy and soft and pureed them. 
 Just unmould, I didn't turn the cake during baking, resulting in uneven baking :(

Fine crumbs, soft texture and wonderfully fragrant from the kumquat compote! Yum! I should practise more on frosting my cakes!

Last but not least, I would like to wish you all a very Happy Valentine's Day:D

Oh, and I am sending this post to Bizzy Bakes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!