Naffnang

Followers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

German Cookies

These cookies seemed to be a favorite among bloggers.  Everyone was raving about when I first came across it last year but I did not have the time to make it then. So this year I make sure I included this in my to do list.  When I saw Min's creation in her blog, I used the google translator but unfortunately, the translation was wrong! Instead of 250g potato flour, 100g flour, google translated to 250g flour 100g potato flour! Therefore, my first batch was not melt in the mouth although still tasty, fortunately.  Also I added both the flavors into one cookie, no idea how I interpreted that lol! *need new glasses*

These were the batch made with wrongly translated ingredients, the dough was much firmer than the original ingredients and easy to handle

This was the second batch, and I left it in the oven a tad too long. Also I piped out the cookies instead of rolling them into balls and flattening them with a fork, much faster:)
These two were the left over dough so I rolled them up and baked instead of discarding them.

Ok, I am going to post the recipe here to make sure there's no need to use Google translator again:P

Ingredients:
 
250g butter, salted
80g icing sugar, sifted
250g potato starch
100g superfine flour

Method

1. Beat butter and icing sugar till creamy. Do NOT overbeat.  This is one cookie that you do not want to add too much air into!

2. Sift potato starch and flour together and then mix into the butter to form a soft dough.

3. Roll into small balls (about 2cm in diameter), arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork (I put the dough into a piping bag and pipe out the cookies instead)

4. Bake in preheated oven at 150 deg C for 20-22 mins. Watch the cookies during the last few minutes to avoid getting golden cookies like mine:P  Cookies should retain original color even after baking.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!