Naffnang

Followers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seeds Cupcakes

We are well into 2012 and it's still all about cleaning up and hopefully will be able to bake some cookies since the Lunar New Year is just 2 weeks away! I found this recipe in a very old magazine that I had dug out from somewhere in the cabinet while clearing out some junks and was idly flipping through when I came to the page where  the photo of this poppy seeds cake with cream cheese topping staring back at me. I had baked this cake before, a long time ago and had forgotten about it.  I decided I must have a taste of this delicious looking cake again, so promptly went about gathering all the ingredients together.  Didn't take long, about 30 minutes to prepare perhaps, and another 25 minutes to bake.  I baked them into cupcakes so they need shorter time to bake.

This is a very delicious cupcake with a tangy taste from the lemon and yoghurt.  It is very moist and fluffy and so easy to prepare. I didn't frost them. That makes me feel less guilty eating them :P


Here's the recipe just so I have a record:-
Makes one 20cm round cake tin or 12 cupcakes

Ingredients:-

160g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
150g cold butter, cubed
150g fine sugar
3 large eggs
4 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons (50ml) plain yoghurt
Method:
Line a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.  Preheat oven to 170C.
Sift flour and baking powder together and stir in poppy seeds.
Mix together lemon juice and yoghurt.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add eggs one at time, beating well to combine between each addition. Reduce speed to low and add half the flour followed by half the lemon juice/yoghurt mixture. Repeat with the remaining half of the dry and wet mixtures.
Pour into prepared muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes or a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
You can frost with cream cheese or enjoy it on its own like I did.....healthier:D

Can't wait for them to cool down before I take my first bite! Yum!
And we welcomed a new member into our household, no NOT a  new baby but a new puppy, :D She's been with us only a couple of days but already she has already managed to make the boys adore her with her huge puppy eyes and playful ways. Already they are fighting for her attention, but of course they are also the first to run away whenever there is poo poo or pee pee to be cleaned *eyes rolling* Anyway, here's some shots of her, hope she will be happy in her new home.
 Looks kind of sad doesn't she? Must be missing her mummy, poor dear..
 More relaxed after spending a night with us...
Goldie at a month old, still a sleepy head:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!