Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!


2012 is only a couple of hours away as I type out this post....I am not one to reminisce over what has happened and passed....for the world, it has been very turbulent with many major disasters and for me too, it has been very stressful and some chapters in my life is closed forever (that's a huge relief!) and here's hoping that 2012 will be more peaceful and bring more joy and laughter along the way:D

There will be no countdown for me, I am staying at home to spend a quiet night to usher in the new year and enjoying this very healthy and simple salsa which I have adapted from Chris of the Cafe Sucre Farine who has kindly shared this wonderful recipe in her blog, and yes, this salsa is very unique as Chris said.  I substitute some ingredients since I do not have them at home. It is pretty addictive as she has warned!



Granny Smith Apple & Avocado Salsa adapted from the Cafe Sucre Farine

1 medium granny Smith apple, diced small
1 medium avocado*, diced small (save a few long slices for garnish - I forgot to do this lol!)
¼ cup red onion, diced small
2 green onions, sliced thin
½-1 medium jalapeno, finely minced - start with  ½ and add more to taste depending on how how you like your salsa
½ cup cilantro, minced
⅓ cup dried cranberries (I subtitute with raisins)
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon cumin
a pinch sea salt
freshly ground black pepper, a few grinds, to taste (I substitue with schezuan pepper)

Combine all ingredients and mix gently to combine. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs and avocado slices, if desired.

*Use an avocado that is slightly ripe, meaning that it gives just a bit when gently pressed with your thumb. You don't want a really ripe avocado or your salsa will be mushy.
 Thank you Chris for this lovely recipe:)

Eating it with tortilla is really addictive so get your kids or friends to enjoy this delicious dish with you to avoid over eating:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 FOLKS:D MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS AND HOPES WILL COME TRUE FOR THIS NEW YEAR AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!