Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pecan Butter Cake

I adapt this butter cake from Weng of I Heart My Bakes after reading her review on how good this cake  is. I must say she was right! I substitute walnuts in the original recipe with pecans. I am glad I tried this recipe:)
 I overbaked it slightly but still delicious!


Also added some leftover chocolate bits that no one wants to eat anymore lol!


 Here's the recipe, I halved the ingredients to bake a small loaf which is gone in 2 days. Do visit Weng's blog for the original recipe.

Ingredients:
125g butter
80g sugar
2 eggs, separated
100g AP flour
2g baking powder
15g Chocolate chips
80g pecans, chopped, save a few for garnishing
1/2 tsp vanilla essence


Method:
  1. Grease and flour a loaf tin (about 7 x  5 in).
  2. Chop pecans and lightly toast in an oven for about 5 minutes. Be careful not to over toast it.
  3. Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
  4. In a large mixing bowl, cream slightly softened butter with half of the sugar (in my case 40g) using an electric beater until light and fluffy.
  5. Add egg yolks, one by one and cream and cream till well mixed.
  6. Add in flour mixture slowly (You may use a wooden spoon manually or if you are using an electric beater, to use low speed). Set aside.
  7. In another mixing bowl, beat egg whites using an electric beater. Add the other half of the sugar slowly and continue beating until the egg white reaches stiff peaks (When you lift the beater, the tip droop slightly, and beaten egg whites becomes stiff and shiny).
  8. Add toasted nuts and chocolate chips into the cake batter.
  9. Fold in beaten egg whites into the cake batter, in two to three additon, until egg whites is well-incorporated into the batter.
  10. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven at 160C for about 35-40 minutes.


Enjoy!

This post is linked to Sweets for a Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!