Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kueh Keria (Sweet Potatoes Donuts)

This is a typical kueh easily available if you do not wish to make your own. I was surfing around when I came across this simple recipe in Edith's blog Precious Moments and since I still have some tiny bit of sweet potato left over from my breakfast this morning, I thought I'd use it to make kueh keria for the boys since they don't like to eat sweet potato on it's own.  I halved the recipe to make 5 pieces which is not too difficult to finish as a snack for 3 boys:D
See how delicious they look after frying and coating with a simple sugar syrup which hardens into crunchy sugar bits that attract the boys to eat!


The recipe is as below which I have halved from the original...if you need to make more simply double up the ingredients...

125g mashed sweet potatoes
1 tablespoon corn flour
1.5 tablespoon all purpose flour

Oil for frying

Glaze:

100g sugar
35ml water

Method:
Mix the mashed sweet potatoes with both the flour and knead to form a soft dough.  Next divide into 5 equal parts and shape into donuts.  Heat up enough oil to fry the donuts till golden brown. Drain and set aside.

Meantime, put sugar and water in a sauce pan and boil till a thick syrup is obtained.  Drop the donuts into the syrup and coat with the syrup.  Plate and serve immediately.


Disappeared as soon as I had taken a few clicks with my iphone! :D




 This is a loaf of bread which I had bake last week using the water roux method...I added some black sesame seeds powder to it.

 And this is piece of hazelnut flourless cake with cinnamon orange/lemon glaze..so yummy! I used the recipe for Lavendar & Orange Cake which can be found here.

That's all folks...hope you have a great weekend:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!