Naffnang

Followers

Monday, August 1, 2011

Ayam Tempra...a nyonya chicken dish

Recently Uncle Lee from A Moonlight Rendezvous gave me his wife's recipe for this dish to try...it is indeed  very delicious, tangy, sweet and spicy all at the same time, a true nyonya dish!  Since this is the first time I am cooking this dish, I am not sure if it's supposed to be cooked till this dry, so Uncle Lee, or anyone familiar with this dish, please let me know if I am wrong ya? Thanks in advance:)





Malacca Nyonya Ayam Tempra Dish                                       


INGREDIENTS:
(serves 6-8) mine only serves 4:P

2 tablespoon soya sauce
400g onion, finely diced
30g fresh chilli, finely diced
1.2 kg chicken, skinned and cut into 10 pcs (I used two chicken breasts cos that's all I have in the freezer)
1 tablespoon sugar 
2 tablespoon thick soya sauce
4 tablespoon fresh local lime juice 

250ml water

Method:
1) In a wok, heat oil over moderate heat and fry onions and chilli for 2 minutes.
2) Add chicken pieces and fry for about 10 minutes, then add sugar and continue frying for another 2 minutes.
3) Add the light and thick  soya sauces, lime juice and water and let it simmer, uncovered until chicken is tender and the sauce is slightly thickened. 
4) Dish out and serve immediately with white fluffy rice. 
Thank you Uncle Lee, my boys and I really enjoyed this delicious tangy dish very much:)

Hope you all have a great week ahead:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!