Naffnang

Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Macadamia Coconut Muffins


Made these delicious muffins yesterday as I have lots of macadamia nuts and some leftover coconut flakes which is nearing expiry date:P  Great for lunch in office, and I gave some to the good neighbour because I have to return a bowl which belongs to her. She brought over a bowl of delicious curry recently. I try not to return an empty bowl if I could help it!




These muffins are dense and filling, two is more than enough for me:) I did not chop up the nuts too fine so that I get to bite into the nuts and the toasted coconut gives a fragrant smell to these muffins.

This is how I did this:-
Ingredients:
• 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut - toast in oven for 10 minutes till golden
• ¾ Cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped roughly
• 115g butter, softened
• 1/2 cups  light brown sugar
• 110g cream cheese, softened
• 2  eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
•  150g all-purpose flour
• 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder


Preheat oven to  175 Deg C and line a muffin tray with paper liners.

Beat together butter and brown sugar with mixer until light and fluffy, then add cream cheese and beat till combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, then add vanilla. Sift flour and baking powder together and add to the mixture to mix. Stir in coconut and chopped nuts.

Divide batter equally in paper liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until tester comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 5 minutes before serving.

Best served warm with a cup of hot beverage:) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!