Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

This Sunday is baking day:D

It finally rained today! Yay! I never thought I would be happy to see the rain but today I was very happy indeed:D Definitely helped in cooling down the temperature! Time to embark on some baking:D


 Chocolate Macarons! The bigger the better, chewy on the inside with nice crispy crust on the outside...yum!
 Pinky macarons with creamcheese filling, add a little lemon juice for tartness...perfect!!
 Making macarons can be so additive, once you'd succeeded, you'll want to keep on baking another batch!
Lastly I tried baking these Mexican sweet rolls based on Mary of One Perfect Bite's recipe but I can't get the lovely shell on the top like hers! Tastewise, it was really delicious, especially when they were hot out of the oven, similar to the Mexican buns from Rotiboy:D The smell of cinnamon was so heavenly! Will definitely try this again.

Mmmmm....wondered will it rain tomorrow?

I am linking this post to Sundays In My City.

23 comments:

  1. Oh YUM! I've never tried a macaron but have always wanted to. When I take my trip to Paris I plan to go straight to a bkery and purchase those aswell as every bread I come across :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love baking jeannie and your macarons are absolutely georgeous and yummy! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those macorons are so cute! I should start making some too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you are an expert in baking macarons! They look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! there i told you earlier that very soon you're going to be expert in macarons making! They just look so gorgeous! I also believe that those mexican rolls really smell and taste heavenly! rotiboy, i like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum, yummy!

    Coming over from SIMC -- have a great Sunday!

    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your macarons are picture=perfect (as I reach into the screen). Today was sunny after about 14 days of rain... in which I did not bake... I need to learn from you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, surely is macaron day :) They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last sunday, I saw those macarons were sold at RM3-90 per piece.wow!really expensive!So nice you could make your owns. I heard it is not easy to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful macs!

    I really ought to use up my frozen egg whites! Lovely flavours u got there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so JEALOUS! Your macarons have FEET(skirting), I baked 2 batches of macarons the last 2 weeks and it cracks and had no FEET!T_T

    Greeting frm Wai Kitt's blog, was captivated by ur macarons' pic at her bloglist!^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful elegant macarons :) those mexicans rolls look like ones from the chinese bakery too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your macarons look so amazing! Would love to try one of each kind!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for viting My Little Sprouts and your precious advice! I will defintiely try another batch of macarons next week, happy baking to you!^^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think these are colorful enough!!!

    Did you lose your crayons or something?

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mouth is watering. I happen to adore eating all of the items pictured. I would love to taste yours especially the pan dulce. I grew up eating pan dulce with hot chocolate and it just brings back such nice memories.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jeannie. your macaroons look really awesome. I think the temp of my oven is not working very well. And it seems so challenging. Well at least, it's successful. :o) Enjoy your day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. not only can I not bake macaroon but I cannot find them anywhere!!! Now you have me craving them so bad lol.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do like looking at all these beautiful macaroon you've made. I would not dare attempt to make them myself. I also love the smell of cinnamon in baked goods.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!