Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

These meals were created from leftovers!



Nothing fancy just a mixture of this and that cooked from leftovers and whatever ingredients I had left sitting  in the fridge ..sort of clearing the overstuffed fridge:P
First of all, cook a plate of spicy anchovies using the balance of anchovies from no idea when I bought them!


Then pair it with some leftover chicken schnitzel, the vegetables and roasted cherry tomatoes were freshly made but the dressing was from the night before too:P The chicken was reheated in the oven....simple and delicious, doesn't looked like leftovers huh? lol!

Crispy bacon, of course the bacon were in the freezer for about a week perhaps?.I used the bacon oil to roast the eggplant and cherry tomatoes...delicious!



Made another plate for breakfast with leftover eggplant and cherry tomatoes but added one green capsicum
Lunch was wholemeal bun with butter and the ever versatile anchovies again....not complaining because this is one of my favorite food:)

The rest of the rolls will be used to make delicious sandwiches for lunch at office... hey, the government did say to be thrifty for expected fuel price hike ya? I am just taking heed:D


And last but not least, a piece of dessert in the form of buttercake with almond crumble topping...using leftover almond crumbs from making too many macarons! On that note...until the next left over meals comes along...hope you have a nice eventful week ahead:)

26 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a beautiful array of dishes...It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I had leftovers like that...can I come live with you? Lol!

    I like what you have for breakfast, I was never one for the typical American sweets or cereal at breakfast (funny my daughter never eats cereal either). Eggs are okay, but I am really picky how I will eat them, bacon is probably the best thing! I think I was born in the wrong country for breakfastime :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. All look amazing jeannie! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are there any leftovers of the leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, you work magic with leftovers! I'm not very inventive and just serve the same thing over and over till it's gone. I'm going to try to think like you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you, Jeannie! We should learn to mop up the leftovers. Food prices are soaring day by day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are leftovers look so nice and delicious. Next time when I've leftovers in my fridge, I'll call you ;DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeannie, what a mouth watering worthy collection of left overs! Very creative my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your leftovers are the equivalent of another cook's feast. I think everything looks delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh, your left over food looks really good. Love your presentation. I don't mind to eat left over food everyday if I know how to use them like you. Leftover food always stresses me up..haha. Thanks very much for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good way to clear all the leftovers! Love the idea of bacon with eggplant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They don't look like "leftovers" to me. But, they surely look like "delicious leftovers" to me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jeannie, you have such a creative mind!Love all the dishes. Next time call us when you have such leftover dish, we will finish up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a feast leftover! Eggplants and bacon are for sure great together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, not bad! still can recreate these dishes from leftovers. For me, i think dump all my leftovers for fried rice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your leftovers look great. I like taking leftovers and creating new recipes. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not bad for leftovers...it sure seems that you manage very well how to use all the leftovers :-) Have a great week ahead Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those spicy anchovies really make me hungry, and I miss it so much. Love what you did with leftover here. everything is delicious looking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very creative use of leftovers, those are all terrific dishes you made!

    ReplyDelete
  20. PENGSAN... leftover can look so great and delicious!>_<

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm impressed! You did so much! And anchovies totally add so much flavor to any meal :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cool! Leftovers? Lovely that you find a way to reinvent something new from leftovers..wonderful Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so creative for coming up with these meals using leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Maravillosos platos bien elaborados, excelentes recetas de aprovechamiento una brillante idea, Jeannie me quedo en tu brillante blog,cariños y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. We'll not know that's the left over if you didn't tell us. :P
    Delicious dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, very impressive! Very cost effective I believe... Much to learn from you. ;) btw, they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!