Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marble Cupcakes




 The weather is still very hot and humid here and I just want to hide in the airconditioned room and not do anything but just lie there to read and enjoy the coolness! Therefore, the recent problem faced by Blogger was a welcome respite for me in a way:)   Anyway, I did make these marble cupcakes to bring to work because I am running out of food! The almond meals and orange zest add more crunch and fragrance to this cake. Came out totally moist and delicious ! 

The ingredients are as follows:-


125g All purpose flour
30g ground almonds (you can used hazelnuts or walnuts too)
 Zest of one orange
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
110 butter
130 g castor sugar
2 eggs
120 ml buttermilk

15 g butter
85g cooking chocolate
1/2 tsp instant coffee granules

Method:-

Line muffin moulds with cupcakes liners or muffin paper cups. Preheat oven to 180 degC
Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda together and stir in ground almonds and orange zest.
Melt butter and chocolate over a double-boiler or microwave whichever way you prefer, to melt the chocolates. Stir in the coffee granules and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar together until creamy and light.  Add egg one at a time, beating constantly to combine.
On low speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and mix until just combine, then add half the buttermilk and another 1/3 of the flour and followed by the balance buttermilk and finally the last portion of flour.
Divide into 2 portion, add the melted chocolate into one portion and fold to combine.
Scoop into the prepared paper liners alternate spoonfuls of the 2 batters until 2/3 full.  Swirl with a toothpick and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool on rack.
Make a cup of your favourite beverage and enjoy!

18 comments:

  1. I love the almonds in this - and imagining the grand aroma. The marbled texture is so welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. are these large cupcakes? they look just like the ones I had in the States but haven't seen elsewhere! very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. spontaneous-euphoria...they are about 2 inches in diameter....just nice to have two for breakfast or a quick snack in office:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, look so good. By the way, you made own buttermilk or buy from shop? I have yet baking a cake with buttermilk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your marble cupcake is looking very tempting Jeannie. I haven't made marble cake for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love marbled cakes and these little ones look perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeannie, I have, I still do always admire ladies who besides being a good cook enjoys baking....
    And being creative too with their masterpieces, like you.
    Love this marble cake...looks soooo good! Nice colours too.
    Have fun and enjoy the weekend.
    Oh ya, our temp outside a cool 14'c. Like being in an aircond room. Nice Spring weather.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your marble cupcakes look very pretty and I bet it is very delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never had marble cake in a cup before... Great idea for parties! Thanks dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie what lovely look these marble cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look so pretty! I love marble cake, my mum used to make it when I was small.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ya,very hot and humid recently just hope it will rain heavyly.Just one query,must i use buttermilk for this cupcake,Jeannie?

    ReplyDelete
  13. @ Sonia...I made my own buttermilk by adding a tablespoon of lemon juice into milk and let it stand for 5 minutes before using

    @ Wai Kitt..you can substitute buttermilk with sour cream if you wish but making your own buttermilk is so simple!

    @Uncle Lee...when summer time comes, you won't be saying that ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am sure your colleagues appreciated this immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fun-ness of marble cakes. Making them into cupcakes is even better. And the addition of orange and almond, mmm... delicious. Sounds like everyone had problems with Blogger over the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's cool and rainy here today. I love the swirl of colors and flavors in your cupcakes, they do look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These cupcakes look beyond delicious!!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything was in a mess after the reconstruction of the blogger site. Making me headache.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!