Naffnang

Followers

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Plum Sauce Chicken with Pineapples


When I saw this dish at yummylittlecooks, I knew I would love this very much and since I already have the plum sauce which I had won recently, I thought I would give this a try.  I'm glad I did, because it was as delicious as I thought it would be! I had added some pineapples into it as an afterthought since the pineapple was sitting on the table and I had not decide what to do with it yet besides just eating it raw.



I know, the pineapples were cut in too big chunks but what the heck, this was my dinner and nobody else's :P

The recipe was pretty simple, I'll type it here for my convenience:-

2 chicken whole legs (cut into pieces) ~ I used chicken breasts
1/4 pineapple, cut into bite sizes, don't be lazy like me:P
8 - 10 cloves garlic (peeled and sliced thinly)

Marinate:

1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp shaoxing wine
2 tbsp cornflour

For the sauce:

6 tbsp water
4 tbsp plum sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
salt to taste

Method:
Marinate chicken for 30 minutes.
Mix the sauce and set aside.
Deep fry sliced garlic in hot oil until golden brown. Dish out and drain.
Using the same oil, deep fry marinated chicken until golden brown. Dish and drain.
Using a sauce pan, heat up the sauce ingredient until boiling then add the pineapples.  Simmer until pineapples are soft and sauce has thickened. Add the fried chicken and stir to coat the chicken with the sauce.
Finally add half of the fried garlic.
Dish up, garnish with the balance of  fried garlic and serve immediately.
Want to try? Trust me, it's delicious:D

16 comments:

  1. Sour and sour...must be very delicious and appetising. Jeannie, you don't have to ask. I can tell it must be very delicious and very good with rice...mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plum sauce plus pineapple makes me very happy. Especially large chunks of pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ask me plum sauce is some of the best stuff on earth! I am so in the mood for this right now. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jeannie, thank you for trying this recipe.I'm glad you like it.The pineapple,look very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the large pieces of pineapple are perfect! I will make this after Lent when I am no longer vegetarian. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. im drooling...id like a bowl of rice with this please! love it when garlic are fried liek this too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful and I can't wait to give it a try. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. i also have a bottle of plum sauce at home, always use that for my sweet and sour dishes and pork ribs too! this looks really appetising!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flavors are calling me. Plum sauce and pineapple - how delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dish is definitely a winner Jeannie! I'd love to join you for dinner. Regarding the mastic and mahlepi you asked in my blog are spices that are used in our kitchen and Middle Eastern. If you cannot find them in your local market, you can send me via e-mail your address and I will be more than happy to send you couple of envelopes of them, it is really no problem for me!Just let me know if this would be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds so mouth watering. Love the adding of pineapple in the chicken :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the huge amount of garlic going into the recipe. I am a garlic lover and the more garlic you put into anythign the better it tastes. I don't care how much it stinks afterwards. Its delicious. Ive been looking for some new dishes for my weeknight meals. This looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am salivating here! I favourite combination. The pineapple simply addictive. Slurp...
    Happy Weekend, Jeannie.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WoW! this looks so good.. just by looking at the picture makes me so hungry.=0

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!