Naffnang

Followers

Friday, April 1, 2011

Crepes and mille crepe

I had always said (and still do) that I'd only cook or bake food that has very simple and easy to follow recipes, and mille crepes is not one recipe that I would make. Too many steps to follow and tedious to assemble.  Fortunately my son came back from his classrecently and said he had just learnt to make this crepe, so I asked him to repeat what he had done at home last weekend.  I just helped in taking photos, and enjoyed the end results of course...how simple could that get? :D Oh and also to blog about it:)


 After chilled overnight, the filling firms up making it easier to cut...not very thin crepes but passable for 2nd attempt at it huh

 Creaming the pastry cream

Almost done...
Add the chantilli cream..
Folding in the chantilli to the pastry cream
Done! Add some blueberries for the single crepes filling.
Ahh...the first piece of crepe...time for the taste test!

Assemble a crepe with delicious blueberries light pastry cream while they are preparing the mille cake...yummy!
The millecrepe cake, didn't chill it yet, the filling was runny.....still, delicious served with a dollop of chantilli cream and blueberries!

Want some?:D It's good, really!

26 comments:

  1. Ya!ya!ya!I want! Please courier a dozen to me:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made me salivate! *slurp* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that would make a nice satisfying breakfast for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmyyy....Great crepes and the cream is just yummy......

    Kisses,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY~ Love everything on the plate, crepe, blueberries and cream! The first piece looks PERFECT! Just like you, I'm too intimidated to make mille crepes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your son made that?!?!?! Amazing! he must have inherited your foodie genes ;)
    the mille crepe looks so professional and delicate! my kinda treat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, these would go very well with meatballs, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks amazing!! especially the cream! all so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS! I am so impressed! I have never seen this before and it just looks amazing...not to mention delicious!! C'est incroyable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your sosn did it again..looking great! i've only made them once but it didnt turn out really well , the batch that i made was probably a bit thick.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like some please. It looks very tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish you lived next door- so I can go grab a bite!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, I would LOVE some. All the layers are so pretty :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious and mouth-watering..

    valar
    http://valarskitchen-basics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let others do the hard work! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I find it impressive that your son managed to make this! Looks pretty awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderfully delicious! I make crepes a lot but have never put a millecrepe cake together, must do that soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oo, it looks and sounds delicious. Your son is going to be an amazing chef - a professional one perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is certainly no April Fool's Day joke! Your son did a fantastic job! Wish I had some now...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crave-worthy delicious! I wish I had enough patience to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just can't help salivating, Jeannie. Love those clicks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmm...very impressive! Thumbs Up for your son :))

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow i just had milk crepe the other day and thought it's impossible to make one but now that i'm here it has changed my mind that it is possible to make one

    Have a nice day! =)

    My recent post:
    Planetarium Malacca Adventure Science Centre

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you made this...I am doing this cake for my husbands B day every year..it's his favorite but with nutella..
    Yours look so tasty and delicious, that I could just sit and eat..and not get up until all is gone:)))

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!