Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Blueberries&Plum Tray Cake with Creamcheese Ripple

Recently I have been drooling over the Red Berry Tray Cake with Cheese Ripple from Wendy's blog, Table for 2 or more... and I knew I must try baking it; it looked so good!  Recently I bought some blueberries and plums, so I used these fruits instead of strawberries and raspberries.  The taste was awesome good!
Mmmmm no regrets...tastes as good as it looks! 

Ready for baking, maybe I should add more fruits next time..


Done!

Time to eat...yum! The boys were impressed with this too!:)

I'll repeat the recipe here for easy reference:-

Blueberries & Plum Cake with Creamcheese Ripple
(adapted from Table for 2 or more..)

Cream cheese mixture
125gm cream cheese
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
I added a tablespoon of flour to get a more firm mixture

Cake batter
120gm butter
120gm soft brown sugar (I used castor sugar)
2 eggs
½ tsp vanilla extract
140gm all purpose flour
1/ 2 tsp baking powder
200gm blueberries and plum mixture


1. Rinse the blueberries and cut the plums into small cubes and set aside to air dry.
2. Fully line a 8 inch shallow square pan with overlapping baking paper.
3. Preheat oven to 160(fan)/180C.
4. Sift flour with baking powder, set aside.
5. Beat cream cheese, vanilla and sugar until creamy, put into a plastic bag.
6. Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
7. Add in eggs one by one, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.

8. Put in half of sifted flour and beat until combined and beat in the balance of flour.9
9. Put 40% of the batter into the lined pan, spread it around.
10. Snip a corner (abt 8mm) off the plastic bag with cream cheese in it. Squirt ½ the cream cheese all over the spread out batter.
11. Arrange half the fruits over the batter. Gently press them in.
12. Dollop remaining batter over fruits, press and spread the batter over the fruit.
13. Squirt the balance of cream cheese over cake and arrange the balance of fruits. Gently press the fruits in.
14. Bake for 35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.

41 comments:

  1. So creamy and sweet - velvety and fruit-studded. I am now dreaming of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and fruity! I could almost taste the freshness and creaminess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMMMMMMM,...what a georgous & very stylish pretty fruit & cream cheese cake! The individual portions look so high & so tasty too!

    WAW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. must be another great combination, jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so creamy and good! You are an incredible baker Jeannie, and I wish I lived closer! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you were quick!
    Glad you loved this cake.
    And the colour combination is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a gorgeous cake! I love the bright colors of the fruit. It looks so creamy and soooo good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the beautiful colors in this cake! Delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeannie, what a lovely blend! And looks so seducing too. Elin has posted something like this long ago but in different way. And very addictive looking as well. Hope you're having a great week ahead.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous dessert. It looks super tasty. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cake up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok I was sold by the title of this post, Blueberries, Plum and Creamcheese Ripple, what's not to like! And the beautiful pictures helped as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't go wrong with so many fruits in this cake, can you? It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so beautiful! Love the colors and all the flavors! Nicely done! And I love name of your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This cake sounds amazing with the blueberries and plums, awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeannie, your cake looks delicious with blueberries and plums and cheesecake. So pretty and fruity... love it! Have a wonderful week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautifully studded with the fruits (giant blueberries too!)!! cream cheese in cakes = win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whoa! That looks incredible. I have a huge bowl of sugar plums I need to use up, going to give this a go, it looks so colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The visual of this cake is really pretty. I like the colors and speckles of the fruits when you cut into it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anything with cream cheese, fruit and cake makes my day! What a beautiful looking dessert (that must have certainly tasted even better!) Thanks for sharing your sweetness with me. This was a great way to end my Monday. I hope you have a safe and happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the mix of colours......make it looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hi jeannie, coming back again just to let you know that i got an award for you, pls pick it up when you are free!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a pretty cake. I love the pop of color the blueberries and plums bring to it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks incredible!!! Perfect little summery dessert :)

    Sues

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks awesome! Love all the fruits in the cake. It makes it look very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is really a gorgeous creation. I love its color and can almost taste the berries that you have used. I'd love a slice with my coffee. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, this is sooooo yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi there,
    I just found your blog and I absolutely love your recipes. This one here looks fantastic. The height of this tray cake is so tempting..I'd love to bite into it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!! This looks yummy! I love the fruits combination!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Jeannie, I would like to inform you that I have pass you an award, please drop by my blog to pick up when you are free. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Jeannie, women like you not easy to find, ha ha....your creative culinary skills would make any man under different circumstances be proud take you home show his mummy.
    And you bring this gift of your blueberries plum cake....'Mummy sure to nudge her son ask, "when...". Ha ha ha.

    I sure would love have a piece of this, looks the kind that melts in the mouth...but there will be one problem.
    One piece won't be enough.
    Jeannie, you are good! Beautiful and really fantastic cake. Outstanding!
    Have fun and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  31. Jeannie, unfortunately, the link for Sweets for a Saturday #8 has already closed. But, feel free to link your cake up on Sweets for a Saturday #9 which opens up on Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! That looks amazing! I am drooling here!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I don't know how you make all these delicious dishes all the time! Great looking cake!

    ReplyDelete
  34. so lovely...I'm drooling too.

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is a really gorgeous cake and the fruit looks like little gems. I think this would be a favorite of my husband and I. I definitely would love to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you very much for leaving a comment on my blog. And this cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Don't know if I left a comment here already, but you should totally check my Crazy for Cakes Event - this baby belongs there - Here is the link for the details - look forward, Jeannie
    http://priyasnowserving.blogspot.com/2011/02/announcing-second-guest-event.html

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!