Naffnang

Followers

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Japanese dinner....drooling!

I can't believe it is Thursday evening already and another weekend is approaching! The weather has been crazy lately!  That aside, I was treated to a very delicious dinner this evening at a Japanese Restaurant located in Tropicana Golf & Country Resort:D
The first dish was Mango Salada...a very delicious assortment of salad with slices of raw salmon, shredded crab stick and fish roe, tossed in a very delicious Japanese dressing and some crunchy croutons...a very large bowl for 2, value for money indeed!


 Next came the Shashimi, we chose the Shimaaji ~ Yellow Jack fish, and Marugo Akami ~ tuna fish, served on a bed of crushed iced and beautifully presented with lemon slices, preserved ginger slices and fresh safron...yummy!:D
The third dish was Kushi Katsu Age ~ Skewered fried beef with onions...comes with a skewered fried shitake too and served with salad on the side...the portion was big and the meat very tender and three types of sauces were provided with this dish, the wasabe mayonaise, chilli sauce and a sweet black sauce... 

Next up was the very deliciously grilled mackerel called Saba Shioyaki...3 large pieces was given! Can't complain about the portions huh!...I was glad I didn't have any rice!

This was supposed to be an appetiser but came last! Cheese Shishamo ~ Deep fried Shishamo smelt with cheese; the Shishamo is a very small fish with its belly full of roe, the waitress described it as a pregnant fish lol! ...we were so full by then, we just removed the batter and ate only the succulent fish, simple but nice eaten with a squirt of lemon juice.

Full I might be, but I just couldn't resist the Goma Ice-cream, the black sesame ice-cream for dessert~very smooth textured, not too sweet, perfect way to end a very delicious indulgent!:D

Free flowing greentea was served throughout the meal...very good service and food was served pretty quickly too! A very delightful meal which I enjoyed very much:D:D

37 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog - now you are making me jealous of all those delicious-looking dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks like you had a great meal. Everything looks delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks YUMMY - what a feast! Going to get me a fix soon too :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like all of them right down to the ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Japanese food too, and that black sesame ice cream...I haven't had it for years...!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely drool worthy :). Do you happen by any chance to have the recipe for that mango salada?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a feast! Fun to document and share so we can enjoy it in cybersphere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks good esp the Cheese Shishamo!! I've been there once many many years ago, can't even remember what I ate there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm...this is a scrumptious Japanese meal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie, everything looks wonderful. I've never had the black goma ice cream It demand to be triesd. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elra i m sorry to say i didn't have the recipe. I didn't ask the chef!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A terrific meal, I would sure love to try the Goma Ice-cream!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looked so delicious. I wanted to sample a bite of each dish (and then have a whole bowl of that ice cream to myself!) Thanks for sharing tonight, my dear. I hope you have a restful Sunday full of love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The meal looks heavenly. I hope the weather settled down for you. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, it all looks so delicious. The "pregnant fish" sounds very interesting :) I love black sesame ice-cream, one of my favourite flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jeannie, for some reason or not I have never gone overboard for Japanese food. I eat to live, not live to eat....and not adventurous where food is concerned.

    This dishes you had sure looks fantastic....and I love that fried mackerel.
    I love any fried fish.
    Any saki following the dishes?
    You take very good pics.
    Have fun and keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards,
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have been here quite long ago.....the food is good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting folks:D

    Hello Uncle Lee...no, I didnt have any sake because I am not a sake fan:P

    Have a great week ahead everyone:D

    ReplyDelete
  19. love love shishamo!! the pregant fish lol. the eggs are so yummy!
    that salad serving is huge...i love japanese salad dressings hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love japanese dish. I just love every dish. The black sesame ice cream looks weird but I know I will love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow everything looks absolutely amazing!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am drooling too! What a delightful meal! Pity you couldn't finish the shishamo as those are really tasty. Black sesame ice cream...I'll have to make it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  23. all of these dishes look delicious..i also got attracted by the black sesame ice cream, not too long ago, i had the same ice cream at papparich, i was quite disappointed with that..i didnttaste like one and the texture doesnt fit an ice cream at all!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jeannie, what a feast...I sure would love to try them all...what a nice way to finish the dinner...black sesame ice cream. YUMMIE! Have a great week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lvoe having goma ice cream to finish a great Japanese meal. I have been to this place many years ago. It used to be our favourite joint until we moved to Sydney. Glad to hear they are still doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have heard this place, must go and try one day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, they all look delicious! You know, I'm not really sure if I should thank you for sharing this because it's making me hungry late at night..hmmmm JUST KIDDING! :D

    I've never had goma ice cream, I bet that's really good..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Who says you can't comment twice on the same post! With food this good, you have to come again! Thank you for your supporting words about my nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jeannie, this is actually my kind of preferred meal out. So glad you had a great experience. That ice cream sounds so good. Hope you have a great week.
    -Gina-

    ReplyDelete
  30. That black sesame ice cream has caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a huge fan of Japanese food, everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Jeanie, the best part of this dinner for me is the black sesame ice cream, I always order two scoops! Ya, the food here is good, they live up to their reputation. Next time, do go check our the place in Subang Jaya, opposite the Sime Darby Medical center called YAMADA. Very authentic Japanese food there. The boss is a Japanese and he prepare the sushi himself. They also have an excellent range of Saki.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow everything looks fantastic! I'm hungry all over again! :)

    Have a beautiful weekend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have never tried black sesame ice cream but am very intrigued now!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh, what an awesome meal! I'd love to try the black sesame ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!