Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back to the old routine....

Now that all the festive seasons is over and done with, it's back to the normal routine of life...peaceful, healthier life, hopefully..and of course hoping for less stress at work and home! Let's see if the bunny would bring some peace of mind for the year ahead:P Well, life if definitely on the calm side after all the hectic preparations of the past weeks...here are some of the food that I have been feeding the boys of late...:)

Recently tried this Viatnamese coffee at a Vietnamese restaurant recently opened in our vicinity ~ very strong and bitter! I don't like it at all!
Now this drink was delicious ~ creamy avocado with red beans, not too sweet and refreshing, the combination works really well indeed
This side dish is pickled radish...taste abit like kimchi:P the boys won't even touch it, so I ended up eating two bowls of that!


Vietnamese Soup, not unlike the Thai Tomyam soup but much sweeter and not spicy at all despite it's colour....if you like sweet soup, you'll like this...I don't:S


The soup was part of a set meal which consist of this fish cooked in claypot, a bowl of rice and the radish salad...the fish was not bad,  a tad too salty but goes well with the rice. 


This is roast duck with sweet and sour sauce...quite delicious if you are a duck fan, which I am not:P

Another set meal, beef noodles with some rolls and basil and beansprouts to be added to the hot soup before eating. I prefer this set because the soup is savory, not sweet!
Today's dinner, I steamed some chicken with chicken essence and added some shredded ginger and wolfberries for extra flavour...it was delicious!
Also steamed some buns with red bean paste fillings...very smooth skin:D
This is how the inside looked, soft and fluffy!
Last but not least, I saw some fresh looking casava at the market today and bought some to make this kuih today:D

26 comments:

  1. i'm even more busier now after CNY, not with cooking but with housework. My maid just went back and i work like mad..household chores are like never ending! regarding your steam chicken, on the gravy, did you putin just the essence alone..i heard abt that but never tried that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these food, they make me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally heart Vietnamese coffee! Wow what a feast you've laid out..so coincidental, I just made some pao too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only sweet and sour dish I will eat is the crispy duck at my local Vietnamese restaurant. It is so very good. And spicy, how I like.

    On the coffee, try having them make you the cold drink using it. Very good when it's sweetened. But then what isn't?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The duck looks amazing and I don't eat duck! And that creamy avocado drink with beans - I'd like to try that. I love my soups savory and I know I'd love those steamed buns. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the steamed chicken sounded delicious.
    I've never tried steaming chicken with chicken essence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lena...yes, just pour it in, add some salt and pepper and it's good to go into the steamer:)

    elra..I have been drooling over your lovely creations:D

    Jen...I have seen your pao and they look very good!

    MrMeatball...I'll keep that in mind the next time I visit a Vietnamese restaurant:) Thanks for the tip!

    Claudia...the drink is really good, trust me on that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what lucky boys! I especially am drooling over the avocado shake and steamed buns -- my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wendy... it's very delicious and so easy too:D

    Xiaolu....thanks:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have been eating well even if not everything really pleased you. It can be as important to know what we don't like as to know what we do. I hope the holiday has been enjoyable for you and your family. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have my eyes on that avocado + red bean shake!! what a combo!
    at first i thought it was green tea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jeannie, wow you still having a lot even after the festive season. Must go to the gym after this. haha.... Frankly, NO more steam boat for me! It's done! But I am loving that duck meat. I wish we can just buy the duck breast meat here instead of the whole duck! :o) Hope you're enjoying your day ahead.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful spread of food. a little homesick now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jeannie! What a delicious collection of photographs. Everything looked so tasty, but of course, I was drawn most to your steamed buns! Thank you for sharing tonight! I hope you have a great Monday, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Must try your steam chicken with chicken essence. Meant to try it long, long ago, you just reminded me. Ya, back to normal, peaceful life and like you said, hope the Bunny year will bring more peace to the whole world.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jeannie, Congratulations! You have won the FIRST PRIZE of my recent Giveaway. I have contacted you on the email address you left :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the pictures of your delicious spread is making me hungry! Looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Delicious eats here! The steamed buns look especially good, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! I have won some wonderful Yuen Chun sauces from Jen! Looking forward to use them for my cooking:D Looks like the bunny is bringing some luck to me:D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that Vietnamese soup! How wonderful would it be to have a few of those steamed buns with a bowl of warm soup!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Creamy avocado with red beans? That's interesting! I like your steamed chicken dish and you are tempting me with those red bean pows.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love avocado juice..! Adding red bean seems to be such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jeannie, everything looks so yummie and tasty. I love the Vietnamese coffee, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jeannie, thank you for sharing! The roast duck looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  25. everything looks yummy, too bad some of them didn't taste as good like you said.. well, home cooked foods are always better anyway.. your steamed chicken sounds yummy and the cassava and buns too, they're simple but delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely Vietnamese food...one of my favourites. I love that red bean with avocado drink. I would love to try that. Your pao looks so light in texture...love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!