Look at that! Isn't it beautiful, not too fat, just the way I like it! Have to be careful when cutting it because of the crispy skin which can break apart easily from the meat.
2kg pork belly with skin
2 Tbsp salt
1/2 Tbsp seasoned pepper (Ajishio)
1/2 Tbsp salt
1/2 Tbsp 5 spice powder
1 large clove of garlic (smashed to a paste with some salt from the above allocated 1/2Tbsp)
2. Place pork in the fridge over night, SKIN SIDE UP, uncovered to allow skin to dry up as much as possible.
5. Roast pork for 40 minutes (adjust according to the weight of the pork)
6. Remove pork from oven, and turn up the temperature to 250C (grill or top heat only).
7. Prick holes all over pork skin with a sharp knife or a bunch of needles (tied together with rubber band) as much as you can (I used a sharp knife before marinating)
8. Brush vinegar over pork skin. Clean or change tray to minimize smoking from drippings.
9. Return pork(on elevated rack) to oven and bake for another 40 minutes or until the skin is slightly charred.
10. Rest pork and allow to cool before slicing.....Enjoy!