Naffnang

Followers

Monday, January 24, 2011

Down....but not exactly out....


I had been feeling under the weather for the past week. Caught the flu bug in the office, which naturally progressed into full blown fever and luckily not so bad coughing that required me to stay in bed for a couple of days... Had been feeding myself with healthy food in an effort to cure myself quickly....unfortunately not so successful since I am still not 100% till today...sigh! Signs of age catching up!
A bowl of plain yoghurt with a dash of honey for cooling the throat..

A bowl of porridge with some goji berries and ginger cooked in minced meatballs...didn't eat the meat though

And an egg benedict for dinner...ok, not exactly healthy but that's what was available on that weekend.
Suffice to say, I had to get back into the rat race so there wasn't not much rest in between spreadsheets and teabreaks, hence, the slow recovery period? Let's hope so... or perhaps it's because I refused to just lie down quietly to rest but insisted on getting up to bake me some cookies? You know, like killing 2 birds and all that...and in the process, some not so perfect cookies managed to find their way into my mouth? hmmmm....I really should stop...
...but this extra large prawn managed to find it's way into my mouth too! hehehe!

21 comments:

  1. Hope you're getting better soon! Gosh, you can still eat a lot. My son also having flu & sore throat. But he's feeling much better now after taking some home cooked 'ju hua cha'. Take care & get more rest.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon, Jeannie. I had that awful bug for two weeks and even then didn't feel back to normal. I think it just has to run its course. Your eggs benedict looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie, I hope you fell better soon...love the photo of the yogurt with honey...at least you still have you appetite :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kristy....I think I need to get some of that ju hua cha, am still not out of the woods yet!

    @Cathy...I agree with you we have to let it run its course, been a rather long one though, sigh!

    @Juliana...lol ya! I love to eat so I still have an appetite for food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you will recovery soon and feel better soon.Every year during this season,sure many people will got flu and cough too. Me and my sons also had just recovered from those sickness recently.Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very healthy food for your except for the cookies and that big prawn. I should be thee to help you eat that big prawn :D Please take good care. Hope you have fully recovered by now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeannie, I hope you feel better by now. Have you heard of this phrase? Starve the fever feed the flu? You are doing the right thing to eat well. Next time got big delicious prawn like that, share with me lah! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precisely quaypo lol unfortunately not working. Still not cured. Sigh! I think i need more prawns

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jeannie, I hope you are completely well by the time you read this. Even sick you prepare lovely food. That egg is as perfect as an egg can be. I hope you have a restful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're getting better Jeannie! Pshaw, age has nothing to do with it :) You have great priorities: hmm, lie down or bake cookies, I think I'll bake cookies. A lady after my own heart. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I caught the nastiness too! I am sending healing thoughts your way! Thank you for sharing, sweet friend. May the middle of your week be full of joy, health and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you are getting back to good shape by now. I think the flu bug is starting to hop on me now, i just got some medications from my doc this morning..i think we ought to stay out from the oven once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon. the porridge with the goji berries and ginger sounds really yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks folks for your caring comments:)

    Monet and lena, sorry to hear you are in the boat as me:P Do take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeannie thanks for stopping by! I love your blog! really,Im following you!! x gloria

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had fever and cough last week, now no more fever but the flu bug still make me coughing...better stay out from hot oven as CNY is at the corner! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww.. sorry to hear that you are sick.
    Rest and take good care of urself so that you will be in tip top shape for CNY.

    BTW, may I have ur email? Want to invite you to a private bloggers event. Send me an email at wendyinkk@yahoo.com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you feel better soon! The eggs look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you can get back on your feet real soon to welcome the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!