These cookies are inspired by Angie's Karlsbad Ring Cookies. I am curious as to the texture of her cookies as one of the ingredients used is cooked egg yolks! Therefore, I told myself I must try to bake some for myself! I didn't wait for the dough to firm up in the fridge before rolling out and cutting into shapes. Instead I used a cookie pump to pump out these delightful rings and put to bake straight away. I omitted the glazing and decoration part because I can be lazy in that sense:P
Egg yolk after going through the sieve80 g Powdered sugar
4 Hard-boiled egg yolks, pressed through a sieve
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tsp Lemon zest, finely grated
300 g All-purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F.
1. Cream the butter and powdered sugar until pale and fluffy.
2. Add in sieved egg yolks, vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Beat until well combined.
3. Add in flour and lemon zest and mix to obtain a smooth cookie dough.
4. Fill a cookie pump with dough and press out cookies directly onto a lined baking tray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or till golden brown (watch your cookies towards the end because they brown very quickly!).
6. Cool completely on rack before storing in air tight container.