Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Thai Green Curry Chicken


Learnt a new recipe today from Ken.. thai green curry chicken! I have always loved this curry, it's so full of flavour and the spices in it makes it so aromatic! Never failed to order this dish when we eat at Thai restaurants. Now I can cook it for myself:D You can double the paste and freeze it for future use to make things easier.

Here's how:

500g Chicken, cut into pieces with bones

Grind to paste the following condiments:-

1 tsp Cummin seeds
1 tsp Corriander seeds
1 tsp Black peppercorns
(saute the above herbs without oil first)
4 green chilli
5 green bird's eye chilli
3 stalks lemon grass (use only the white bottom part)
1 inch galangal (blue ginger)
10 shallots, peeled and sliced
1 stalk coriander (cilantro) chopped

1 tomato, cut into wedges
some local basil leaves

1/2 tsp belacan (prawn paste)
2 tbsp oil
200ml coconut milk
salt and sugar to taste

Water as needed

Method:

1. Saute without oil, cummin seeds, corriander seeds and blackpepper corns until fragrant. Then put into the blender with the rest of the paste condiments with enough water to blend.

2. Heat up oil. Fry blended paste with belacan until fragrant. Add chicken and stir well. Simmer until chicken is tender according to your preference and then add coconut milk. If too thick add some water. Add salt and sugar to taste. Lastly add tomatoes and basil leaves before dishing out.

Enjoy this dish with fluffy rice.



10 comments:

  1. I love the green in this dish! Such a change from your everyday curry. This looks delicious (I am such a sucker for lemongrass)...thank you for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love curry! It looks delicious Jeannie, I love the green color, I'm going to try it for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you make it from scratch! Thumbs up! I haven't had green curry for ages, should have it again soon...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie, I share your love of this dish. Your version sounds wonderful and I love your curry paste. I hope you are having a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love curry and would really like to try this dish. I'm allergic to seafood though and will have to look for (if there is such a thing) a sub for the prawn paste, or I'll just make it without. This will be my first experience with green curry :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful green curry, it looks appetizing and making me quite hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what it means green curry...must look green and refreshing like this!! Well done, Jeannie! This is the best I have seen. Looks very delicious. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks ladies, for your kind comments:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so green! I can imagine how flavourful this is. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this green curry too. Have bookmarked this, need to go and get all those seeds!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!