Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another weekend has gone by!

TIme certainly does flies doesn't it? Three days seem like just a blink of an eye and it's over! Well thinking back, it was a weekend full of activities and cooking and baking of course.  It was Eugene's birthday, so took him out for a birthday treat at Chillis. Also steamed a chocolate cake for him which he loved very much. Show you guys what we had this weekend:)

Our drinks at Chillis,,.refillable throughout the meal

New York Strip steak for Fu-yi, done medium well, a bit on the fat side if you asked me

Cajun steak for Eugene, he enjoyed it and for the first time, didn't ask for side order, because this steak was huge!

Chicken enchilladas...obviously too much for me, so the boys had to help me finish it. Ken was missing here because he was too busy dating! Well, his loss!

Breakfast was Pita pockets stuffed with slices of baked pork, cheese, tomatoes and onion
For lunch, Ken cooked a simple Spagetti Oglio Olio which was just spagetti tossed with chilli oil and salt, paired with pan fried pork and garlic served with cherry tomatoes and cucumbers


Dinner was this poached fish in white wine sauce prepared by Fu-yi. He used dory fillet to wrap the shredded vegetables before securing with a strand of softened celery.

This is another version; he bakes this piece of dory fish and shrimps after seasoning and wrapping the whole lot in parchment paper. This photo is taken before the sauce is poured over it. Quite juicy and delicious!
Last but not least, steamed choclate cake with chocolate ganache, moist and melts in the mouth..

As you can see, the icing in the middle is unbalanced...sigh!
Oh yes, I baked some scones to eat with the leftover chocolate ganache....yum!

25 comments:

  1. Whoa Jeannie, so nice that your boy is now in culinary school. You can shake legs at the dinner table, waiting for him to serve you the food, my queen! haha.... Btw, that chocolate cake looks very very addictive! Yummm... You have extra to FEDex over to me? hehe.... Have a nice evening.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that steak is a monster!!! Everything looks fabulous to me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The steak is wonderfully cooked! The chocolate cake does look super moist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! The huge steak seems like can share by 3 persons too! Chocolate cake my favourite yummm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like that was a really lovely birthday celebration! The chocolate cake looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will never have to eat again :-). I'm sure the birthday went fantastically well. The steamed cake has me intrigued. I've neer made one and the chocolate version you made is especially appealing to me. I hope you had a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks terrific! I love presentation of the poached fish. Of course, the chocolate cake is too die for!! Such a wonderful birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Eugene! That's such a great birthday meal....drooling here :) Would cost a LOT here! Ken really cooks very well and your baking is always A1! It's so fun to be in your family...so many great cooks around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, such fabulous eats this weekend! The chocolate cake and the scones with chocolate ganache look so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You ended your post beautifully...buttery pastry and lots of chocolate! I wanted to have that plate sitting before me instead of my eggplant and omelett. I can never turn chocoalte down!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting and leaving your lovely comments guys, really enjoyed reading each and every one of them:) Hope you all have a wonderful day! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cake looks to die for!! Yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good day out with family...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You just made me soo hungry for steak now! Yum!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Can't wait to take a look at all your recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes it does, at least you had wonderful food to enjoy with your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooo, wow, the food looks delicious. Especially the poached fish and your scones.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cake and poached fish look especially amazing! Thanks so much for dropping by - I'm so happy it led me back to your delicious blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Every SINGLE PHOTO made my mouth water. These dishes look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! I just came over to thank you for your visit and sweet comment- so glad I found you! Now I'm off to browse!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jeannie, yummie...they all look fabulous, specially the poached fish and the chocolate cake...SO SO YUMMIE!

    ReplyDelete
  21. there's nothing like spending time with the family esp with so many yummy food :)
    oohh.. looking at it makes me hungry and I just had breakfast..I like that poached fish with wine sauce so much and of course the chocolate cake, and the steak, and...everything! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for visiting! I love the photo of the dory wrapped around the shredded veggies. How inventive. Looks like a wonderful meal.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful looking chocolate cake. I want to stick my fork through my monitor!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, so many delicious treats over the weekend, yum. Great looking dory dish, love the idea. Never tried a steamed chocolate cake before, will ahve to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!