Naffnang

Followers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Condensed Milk Pound Cake

How time flies! Tomorrow is the last day of the week once again! I ran of out cakes to take to office for lunch, so baked this simple dense pound cake, which is not really a pound, since the recipe has been reduced to 2/3 the original size. Small enough to finish in a day. The method of making this cake is slightly different from the usual way. The eggs were added in last! Yields a very soft dense cake...I like it very much.



Condensed Milk Pound Cake adapted from All That Matters


Ingredients:

120g good quality butter
55g Sugar ( I used 40g)
1/4 Tsp Salt
1-1/2 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/2 Cup Condensed Milk

120g Cake Flour
3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
*Sift together

2 Eggs



Method

1) Grease a 8 x 3-1/2 inch loaf pan and preheat oven to 170 deg.C.
2) In a bowl, using an electric whisk, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in salt, vanilla essence and condensed milk, whisk till incorporated.
3) Stop to add flour. Roughly used the whisk to mix and dampen the flour before turning back on (you don't want the flour to fluff up), whisk using low speed. Scrap down the sides and whisk till the batter is smooth and not lumpy.
4) Add in the eggs, one at a time, beat till well combined.  Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake at 170 deg.C for 1 hour.

Enjoy!

14 comments:

  1. The cake looks really nice & fluffy! I bet it smell heavenly. Hope you're enjoying your evening.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always tell how good a baker is by how well they make the simpler things.

    As I keep saying, you are very skilled indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...simplicity showcases true talent. This cake looks exactly like to should. Moist and soft and irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice if you worked at my office!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has got to be the best! i love pound cake and condensed milk - match made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely cake. You've come close to perfection with a handful of ingredients. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks moist and delightful. Would love to try it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks moist and delicious. Best of all..there's condensed milk there...yeah...my favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone...for your lovely comments...hope you have a wonderful weekend!:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always like pound or butter cake...they are so moist and rich. Yours look very soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. By the looks of this cake...I wouldn't put the adjective 'dense' to it...it looks so fluffy good. A very interesting way of putting a cake together ;o)

    Ciao for now and flavourful wishes,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cake looks so moist!!! I love condensed milk...so I know this is good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all for visiting and leaving such encouraging comments:) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jeannie,

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. You've created a wonderful blog. I'm really interested in your recipes as they use a lot of ingredients I haven't worked with or tried before, and I'm all about trying new things. This pound cake just looks divine. I bet it was super moist too.

    I'll be back again soon.

    P.S. Of course you can call me Ree. =) <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!