Naffnang

Followers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cornflakes Cookies


Last weekend  I decided to bake myself some cookies to snack at work. Since I have a packet of unfinished cornflakes sitting in the fridge and it doesn't look like anyone is going to eat it, I decided to use it for cornflakes cookies! I made these super large because I was feeling kind of lazy on Sunday afternoon:P  I followed this recipe posted by a forumer from Kitchen Capers. Did a slight adjustment by mixing the cornflakes into the dough instead of just rolling the dough with crushed cornflakes. I also didn't bother with putting them into tiny paper cups:P Going green, save the earth:D


Ingredients:-
--------------

120g butter
80g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla
120 flour, sifted
30g cornflour, sifted
30g milk powder, sifted
30g raisins
100g conflakes

Method
---------

1. Cream the butter and icing sugar till light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk and vanilla.
2. Fold the sifted flour, cornflour, milk powder into the butter mixture. (I mix in the cornflakes too at this stage and shaped into balls and bake.)
3. Drop mixture tsp by tsp into ther cornflakes. Shape into balls and place into small paper cups.(I skipped this part)
4. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for 20-25 mins till golden brown. Remove and cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. Ok, but were they good? They look great and I'm definitely intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeannie, getting ready for the coming raya! hehe... Send me a box ya! Have a wonderful day.
    Cheers, kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the title...I love cornflakes ( I am a cereal fanatic) so I'm sure these cookies would have hit the spot. They look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of CNY! It's a favourite amongst my family members too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cornflakes cookies!!

    They look utterly tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seldom make cookies except chocolate chip cookie or during CNY. Anyway, this cookie sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Bob....they were wicked good:D
    @Kristy...you can make much better cookies than me!
    @Monet...you would love these cookies they are so crunchy with the cornflakes.
    @Cheah...I leave the CNY bakings to my sisters:D only bake when the festive seasons are over.
    @Sophie...thanks!
    @Sonia...I too seldom bake cookies..its time consuming but now and then I bake cos cookies can last longer than cakes lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a good and satisfying snack. I'll have to whip up a batch of cookies soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How about we break up a couple of your cookies in a bowl, pour some milk over it, and eat it like cereal?

    Bet that would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeannie...you just brought back flooding memories of my 'Nonna' making similar cookies when we were growing up. She used cornflakes religiously ;o)

    Ciao for now and have a wonderful week,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Biren...I agreed it is very satisfying...my colleagues love it too.
    @MrMeatball....Tried and tasted and digested - verdict? very good!
    @Claudia...Shows this recipe is a classic huh!:D

    Cheers everyone, hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I remember these beautiful cookies. I used to to eat them back home especially during Chinese New Year. They are very delicious. I have to try to make them. Jeannie, thanks very much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These crunchy and delicious looking cornflake cookies are simply irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I havent had this in awhile! I usually have cornflake cookies during Chinese new year only.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my favorite kind of cookie, not to sweet and gooey. I like the idea of mixing the flakes into the dough. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a crunchy tasty sounding cookie - I need to try this one - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for visiting peeps:D love your comments. Hope you'll all give this recipe a try, it was seriously delicious, I am going to make another batch this weekend if I have the time. Have a wonderful day all and a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I always have extra corn flakes cereal because it's never popular in my family. This is a really great way to make good use of this cereal.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look and sound delicious. I've never made a cornflake cookie and judging from the comments you've received I've really missed something. Your recipe will be the place I start. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Xiao Yen...That's the idea:D transform it into something delicious!

    @Mary...If you like crunchy cookies, this is a great one to try.

    Have a wonderful weekend everyone!:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Interesting recipe using corn flakes, kid will love this as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They sure do elra:D and so do my colleagues!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!