Naffnang

Followers

Friday, May 14, 2010

Chocolate Lemon Cake



I had some free time after work yesterday evening and feeling rather restless and for want of something to do, I browsed through the blog roll to see if I can be inspired to bake something for breakfast and lunch tomorrow.  Was reading Cheah's latest post on her pandan raisin rolls when this picture on her side bar caught my eye. The pictures of her cake showed a very moist cake and that inspired me to try it out.  It is indeed a very moist and light cake.  I followed her recipe exactly with the exception of adding more sugar as I feel 85g is  not sweet enough for me. For those who wish to try baking this cake, do visit her blog for the recipe.
Hmmm....yummy! I enjoyed it very much.

10 comments:

  1. So Enjoy huh! The cake looks really moist and tasty. Well done! Hope you have a fabuous weekend.
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too bookmarking this recipe to try out soon. I can see this cake is really soft and moist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so yummy indeed Jeannie, I'm so going to try this..

    P.S. I tried your Japanese cotton cake and I love it, so yummy and soft :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always failed to do the marbling look, ended up as chocolate cake hahaha...nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...this cake sure looks very moist and delicious. Chocolate and lemon....beautiful combination...mmm. Love the pattern too. Have a lovely weekend, Jeannie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kristy...Sure to enjoy when a cake recipe turns out beautiful:D
    @Icook4fun...Do try it, it is very delicious:D
    @Olive...Thanks:D Glad you like the Japanese Cotton cake...it's one of my favorite too.
    @Dreams Come True...Just pour the 2 batter together into the pan and you are done, it's that easy!
    @Mary....Thanks Mary and you have a nice weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely looking cake. I wish I could whip something up like that! It does look tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chocolate and lemon is such a unique flavor combination. I will have to try it. It is a very beautiful looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jeannie for trying out the recipe. Glad that you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks to you Cheah for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!