Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kuih bahulu (Sponge cake)



One evening, while browsing in the kitchen section of a departmental store, I saw a non-stick kuih bahulu pan on offer and decided to buy it.  So last night, came back from work and thought I'd give it a try.  The traditional iron mould is quite troublesome to use as I have to keep oiling it and still get some bahulu sticking to some of the moulds which can be quite frustrating. Fortunately, this new non-stick pan worked like a breeze....well the first batch wasn't such a breeze but cleaning up was easy, just need to wipe the crumbs off with a wet cloth and it's ready for another round in the oven. I followed ancoo's recipe this time.  Easy to put together, even easier to eat too :D

Aren't they pretty? There're only 39 of them.

4 comments:

  1. The bahulus look fantastic. Perfectly done! I think you bought the right tray! Happy Easter Day to you & your family.
    Regards,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty! I love your new mould! Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so cute. Is the crust crispy as charcoal baked?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is the spongey type Cheah.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!