Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Swiss Roll with Fruits cocktail & cream

The boys requested for swissroll last night, so I decide to make one for breakfast today, since it was raining and I was awake and it's 7 a.m. in the morning and I can't jog.  I reckoned may as well put my time to good use.
Found out half way through preparing the ingredients that I had ran out of fine white sugar, so I substituted with brown sugar. Turned out just as good with a slight brownish tinge. Yummy!
Love the fruit cocktails...gave the rolls some colour and delicious too!

8 comments:

  1. Putting the fruit in there is an awesome idea! Looks wicked good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius, Jeannie. This cake roll is one of our favorite desserts, but I've never thought to use fruit cocktail. Now I can make it when our local fruits aren't in season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennie,
    Thanks so much for visiting! I've signed up to follow you so I can keep up with your new posts. Looking forward to reading more of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun roll! I'm always on the lookout for fresh ideas for breakfast. I know my kids would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those rolls look so moist and yummy! I love swiss rolls. I'd love to try yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bob...Thanks! I love your brownie cookies idea!
    @Cathy...Been using your cakeroll recipe ever since I first try it. It's very delicious and easy to roll.:D
    @Joie de Vivre...Thanks for dropping by too:D
    @Kim... I am sure your kids would love this, mine did:D
    @Sook...The recipe is from Cathy's blog...do visit her for the recipe. She has loads of gorgeous pictures to entice you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These swiss rolls look very delicious. I can imagine the lovely feel when biting into it...all those fruits there...mmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mary...This is the only cake that disappeared the fastest from the fridge!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!