Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Minced Pork Rolls

When I was young, I always  look forward to the times when my mum made these minced pork rolls.  It's her specialty till today and somehow my siblings can never get it to taste quite like hers. Like all mothers her era (at least those that I knew:D), she doesnt have a fixed recipe for us to follow and we siblings somehow never ask her for the exact recipe. So we have our own recipe created through trial and error till we are somehow satisfied with the taste. Of cos we can always made it upon request by our families now, but our mum still only make these rolls for special ocassions which we still look forward to.

The ingredients are pretty simple:-

500g Minced pork
1 small carrot(shredded),
an egg
seasonings like 5 spices powder, oyster sauce,  soya sauce, salt, pepper - all to taste
a tablespoon of cornstarch
1 tsp of ginger (finely chopped)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
 1 tablespoon sesame oil,

 My mum added some shrimps too but since my boys do not like shrimps, I have obmitted them.



Very easy to put together, mixed all ingredients together, and wrap up the prepared meat in soya bean skin (fuchok pei in cantonese) and fry till golden brown, sliced and serve with your favourite vegetables. Of cos they taste good with rice too. 

11 comments:

  1. Those minced pork rolls look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pork rolls look great, Jeannie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 'wu xiang' spring roll! Looks 100% perfect and delicious. Well done, Jeannie! Your boy boy are sooo lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Fresh Local and Best....thanks:D they are very delicious.

    @ Sook...Thanks Sook but your cooking are much more interesting!

    @ Kristy...Thanks, but your crystal dumplings are so perfect. I am so going to try it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh...I can eat a few rolls in one go. I really miss this. Have to make one of these days. I wish the plate here is right in front of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like something that would be a big hit at my house! Love all of the garlic and ginger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks wicked good. I don't think I've seen soya skin though, what could you substitute?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kim...yes the children will love this, it's very easy to eat and a hit at parties as finger food.
    @Bob...you can use the pork casing for making sausages.:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this pork roll looks delicious...love it with the soy skin :-) YUMMIE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. just like they said, Jeannie, it looks really delicious..I think I can finish a whole roll of this..hehe..no kidding! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Juliana...It is very delicious:D

    @Olive...no kidding too when I said I did finish the whole roll myself, together with the side dish of vegetables! Without rice of cos!:D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!