Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Chinese New Year bakes

Happy Chinese New Year! For the celebration this year, I had decided not to make any cookies, which was a wise decision as my sisters had all made cookies so there were lots to enjoy. I just spent time baking some cakes to usher in the Year of the Tiger. Here are the pictures...
This lovely steamed chinese cake recipe can be found here. Texture is very compact, I would reduce the flour the next time I make this cake.
Blackcurrant whipped cream roll following Cathy's recipe. She used the freshest looking of strawberries which I have substituted with blackcurrant jam blended with whipped cream instead. Delicious!

This one is kiwi flavoured. This one was eaten as soon as it was ready. Hence, the need  to bake the blackcurrants roll to replace it:P

Orange Poppyseed Cupcakes

Lastly, butter/chocolate cake combo. Supposed to give it a marble cake effect but I did not swirl it enough.

10 comments:

  1. Blackcurrant jam and whipped cream would be a fantastic filling for the cake, Jeannie. I'm going to make it your way next time. And your orange poppyseed cupcakes looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! What a great recipe to start a new year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cathy ... Thank you for your great recipe Cathy, my sons love the rolls very much:D
    @Sook.... Happy New year to you too Sook:D Yes, those cakes were really delicious and very easy to make too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such delightful treats! Happy Chinese New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeanni, everything looks so yummie, I love the steam cake, will definitely try it :-) Happy Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @5 Star...Thank you:D

    @Juliana...Happy Chinese New Year to you too!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the steamed sponge cake, opened up very sweetly, must try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Jeannie,

    Happy Belated Chines New Year! Yeah!!

    All of these fab cakes look tasty!! Yummie,...:)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow....all the cakes look mouth-watering to me. Happy Chinese New Year, Jeannie! Hope you and your family had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Cheah...It is a very lovely cake and so easy to make too. First time I managed to get the cake to open up so much:D Gong Xi Fa Cai to you and your family.

    @ Sophie...Thank you Sophie:D

    @ Mary.... Happy Chinese New Year to you too Mary. Bet you had a great time yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!