Naffnang

Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chocolate Chiffon Cake


Do not know why I have not tried baking chocolate flavoured chiffon before until now. Maybe it's because I have always favoured chiffon in pandan or orange flavour and also greentea which was the rave at one time.  So this week, I thought I'd make a chocolate flavoured chiffon for breakfast and lunch at work. Chiffon cakes are pretty simple and fast to put together. Just need to mix with a hand whisk,  all ingredients except the egg white, which you beat till stiff peak forms and then folded into the rest of the batter, pour into a tube pan and bake. That's it, easy peasy, eh? :D And I do prefer my chiffons to be skinless as you can see they provide a neat look.

See how pretty it is?

And so fuffly and soft! Yummy!

13 comments:

  1. As my 2-year-old boy would say.. "mmm, good!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sook:D my boys are much bigger than yours and they no longer go "mmmm...." but say "not bad" instead and "why no chocolate fudge?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that cake looks so perfect, I would love a big slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @5 Star, I don't stop at one slice, good job it's a very light cake and contain very little oil as compared to other types of cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice texture, Jeanni! After I started baking my own chiffon, my kids stopped eating the store bought one. Not because I'm a great baker but it's all about fresh & moist texture just like yours. I'm sure your children also the same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My whole family love chiffon cake. I haven't tried making it yet cos I don't have the chiffon tin. I have to go and get one, maybe when I go back this time for holiday. Your chiffon cake looks so successful and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kristy, your kids are so lucky to hv a mum who is such a good cook. As for me, I prefer to bake more than cooking the normal meals.:P

    @Mary, I believe you can also bake chiffon cake in normal pan, just a bit precarious when you need to overturn it after baking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeannie, what a nice cake...so light and fluffy, absolutely yummie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Juliana, Thanks for dropping by:D You have a very nice blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely cake,Jeannie..so simple but it's so delicious; I love chiffon cake with chocolate sauce on the side ☺

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Olive...I believe most of us find chocolates irresistible:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You bake real good looking chiffon cakes! Mine, so far, all flopped so never talked about it before in blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!