Naffnang

Followers

Monday, December 28, 2009

Some pictures of what we ate for the weekend...


Pickled papaya slices  for when we feel like munching on something just to keep the mouth busy LOL! Yummy, crunchy and sweet and sour at the same time. Very addictive, once you start, you won't want to stop eating!


Light meal of fetuccini tossed with butter, salt and herbs sitting on a bed of stir fried vegetables and topped with shredded pan-fried chicken. Simple, easy to prepare and delicious and healthy too!


Last but not least,  carrot cake for dessert and breakfast and teatime. Didn't frost it this time. Slightly healthier this way LOL! as if...

11 comments:

  1. Your pasta and chicken looks fantastic Jeannie. And I would love a slice of your carrot cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy:D They tasted delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeannie, that's such a beautiful meal, from starter to dessert. I wish I can have some of those beautiful, appetising papaya pickles....mmmm....looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, these are only very simple dishes...I can never cook so elaborately like you do and for 35 people! I find it quite a chore already cooking just for the family:P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try your pickled papaya!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo... I love having the pasta! And so are my kids but not my hubby. He's kind of a typical Chinese man. Never like western food except burger and my son also a very picky eater! Now, you know how dificult for me to cook for my family!phew...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @TheUngourmet...It's very easy to prepare this pickle, just need vinegar, sugar, water and sliced unriped papaya soak for a few hours. Add a few chillies for the extra kick!
    @Kristy, You should try cooking fushion food like fried pasta chinese style:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely food it looks delish!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Jeena and Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sliced papaya looks gorgeous! and i have to say - just stumbled upon your blog - love the theme and header (from one green girl to another!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi allijag....thanks for dropping by:D Nice to meet another green girl:D

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!