Naffnang

Followers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Radish/Carrots Soup






It's been raining like crazy for the past month. I seriously think there is a great change in the weather in recent times. Coupled with the monsoon season here, we can expect more wet days ahead.  I'd decided to boil some comfort soup during one of these rainy days.  This soup that I had boiled is very cooling for the body and very delicious, dipping the vegetables and tender meat in a simple soya sauce mixed with chilli and a  squeeze of lemon juice. The ingredients are very simple:-


You need:

600g of pork bones with some meat attached or subtitute with chicken bones/feet if you like
1 average sized radish, cut into large chunks
1 large carrot, cut into large chunks
10 pcs of chinese red dates
1 tablespoon of goji (wolfberry) seeds
sea salt and pepper to taste

Put all ingredients into a large pot and enough water to cover the ingredients. Boil for 1 hour on low fire or until meat is tender. 


Season with salt and pepper and serve piping hot.

5 comments:

  1. that's a very lovely simple soup. Any soup will become my favourite in this cold weather. Homecooked meal is always the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like to boil soup because my boys like their meal with a bowl of soup on the side. They like the creamy type of soup too, which they usually have with their toast in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeannie!

    ..love your soup, it's simple but I know for sure that's delicious, I love boiled meat esp with soy sauce dipping sauce and with hot rice :) I have never had goji berries though I've heard of it, what's it like in taste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeannie,
    Thanks for checking out my blog! Soup is wonderful when one needs comfort, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Olive, the goji berries are sweet. You can find them added into asian herbal soups but lately, I have seen cakes baked with goji berries.
    @ Joie, You have a very nice blog and also two very cute boys. Congratulations for your huge weight lost.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!