Naffnang

Followers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chinese Style Fried Rice






One thing can be said about left over rice. They are great for frying the next day.  There are many ways to fry rice. The chinese fried it without any spices, the indians will add herbs and spices and so does the Thais, and the japanese fried them with lots of garlic! This time, I am frying it chinese style since this is the easiest of them all!

The ingredients are simple:-

A plate of overnight rice
2 sausages, sliced
1 onions, sliced
1 carrots, diced
1/2 cup of julienned cabbage
2 tablespoons of minced garlic
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce or chicken stock granules
Sliced red chilli for decoration

Method:

Saute minced garlic in 3 tablespoons of corn oil in a wok or a large frying pan. When it is golden, add onions, carrots, sausages and cabbage. Stir fry till combined. Add beaten egg and stir till egg is cooked. Add seasoning at this stage. Lastly, add rice and stir fried until all ingredients are well mixed.

Dish out into individual plates. Fry a sunny side up egg and place on top of the fried rice. Shake a few drops of soya sauce and pepper on the egg and decorate with red chilli.

Serve hot. If you are eating the chilli with the rice, best you have a cold drink on the side to cool down the spice!

7 comments:

  1. This fried rice sounds excellent with the egg & chilli on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fried rice is always such a comfort food and easy to prepare. Great for busy days. Oooooh, I love that egg on top. I am a great lover of eggs. To take away heat from chilies, I always have a glass of milk at the side. It's highly effective. I think it works better than cold water. There's something in milk that does the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ 5 Star ...I love eggs done this way...especially with soya sauce. I dare not take the chilli cos it's too spicy.

    @ Mary ...If I do take the chilli, I usually wash it down with warm water. Must try your method of drinking milk Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fried rice, usually with garlic..love how you do it though and with chillies for garnish, my husband will be happy if I do this :)
    ...and milk is really effective.. that's what I give my kids when a dish is too hot for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggs are my favourite food. Especially fried sunny side up:) You look too young to be having kids Olive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always scramble my egg but the over easy egg looks appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice, if I ever scramble an egg, it would be for omelletes which is another one of my favourite food for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!