Naffnang

Followers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Black Rice Congee with Coconut Milk



Recently read Divina's blog, Sense & Serendipity, featuring black rice as one of the main ingredients for her risotto and that ignites a craving in me for some black rice congee which I have not cooked for a long time. It is very easy to cook.  Just need to boil the rice till it is very soft and the soup has thickened, then add sugar and coconut milk to taste. Add a piece of screwpine leaf while boiling the congee. It will make the congee very fragrant. Delicious!

5 comments:

  1. I miss this pulut hitam. It's a long time since I last cooked. I think I have to cook this to share with friends. Ate a lot of this when I was in Penang. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mary, most of the time simple food like this is forgotten until someone cook it and we have cravings for it. Must remember to cook redbean soup and mungbean soup too. Not to mention the gandum congee which is one of my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks totally yummy! I would love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ 5 Star, It is very delicious. A different way of cooking rice which is usually savoury or just boiled. Do give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking for a glutinous black rice pudding with coconut milk and it led me to your blog. Then, I saw my name. Thanks. Now, it's my turn to be inspired by you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!