Naffnang

Followers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Garlic Herbs Bread



Another recipe that I have copied from the internet but can't remember the site where I got it. There is a url provided (http://photos.yahoo.com/sbeec) but site was not found when I tried to google for it....sigh! must keep reminding myself to jot down the sites of all the recipes that I have copied from.

A very fragrant bread that I have tried making several times but this is the first time I made it in a shallow pan to resemble foccacia. Very delicious dipping into soups.

Garlic Herbs Bread

200ml water
1 tsp salt
1 tbs butter
340 gm bread flour
1 1/2 tbs herbs of your choice
2 tsp garlic powder or 3 tsp minced garlic
1 tbs milk powder
1 tbs castor sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast

Method:

1. Put flour, yeast and water into your mixer and mixed on low till a dough is formed.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and continue mixing on medium speed till dough is smooth (about 10 minutes)
3. Leave to proof in an oiled bowl covered (about 1 1/2 hours) till doubled in size.
4. Shape it and put into an greased shallow pan to proof a 2nd time. Poke some holes on top using a fork or your finger, and brush with butter or olive oil.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 190 deg Celsius or till golden brown.

You can also use a bread machine to bake this bread. Just put all ingredients into the machine and select basic (dark) cycle.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, You are really into baking.....
    Thanks for stopping by my site, I will try to use the high protein flour to see the difference. Thanks so much for the suggestion. Laura..
    P.S. I hope you don't mind I'm A follower on your blog I intend to add your blog to my list of blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Welcome to my blog! Love to hear from you, good or bad:D. Have a nice day! Cheers!