Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Cotton Cheese Cupcakes
Looking real nice and puffed up while baking
Made these cuppies last weekend but too lazy to upload till now. Opened the oven door too often to check for doneness that they deflated quite badly in the end. Still taste good though. Next time I'll exercise more patience.
250g cream cheese
80ml corn oil or canola oil
60g corn flour (sifted)
80g castor sugar
6 eggs (separate yolks and whites)
40ml lemon juice
120g castor sugar
1. First preheat oven at 150 degree C and put a tray of water below the level where you want to put the cakes.
2. Melt cheese with milk and oil in a double boiler, whisking until u get a smooth batter.
3. Beat egg yolks and the 80g of sugar until smooth and add lemon juice. Slowly add creamcheese mixture. Add corn flour using the lowest level of speed on the mixer until well combined.
4. Next beat up egg whites on high speed and add spoonfuls of the 120g castor sugar until u get a firm peak of the egg white.
5. Add 1/3 of the eggwhite batter into the cheese mixture and gently fold until combined. Repeat with another 1/3 until all is used up.
6. Scoop into cupcakes papercups or use muffin cups like me as I have ran out of cupcakes papercups. Fill batter almost to the brim.
7. Bake the cakes for 50 to 55 minutes (depending on the size of your cups) or until the cakes are nicely browned.